586,089 active members*
3,755 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HPR 130XD Consumables

I have now got an HPR130XD on order and am now looking at what consumables I need to order.
    As we are a general jobbing shop I intend to order something to enable me to use every option available from the machine but I was just wondering what the approximate ratio of certain parts to others might be.
    For example, I know from experience with our current Powermax 105 that we use approximately 3 nozzles per electrode (though with the copperplus electrodes that increases to about 4 nozzles per electrode).
    With the HPR there are obviously many more consumables with all the different options available and as I am spending so much money for the machine there’s no way I am going to skimp on consumables but there again I don’t want to buy maybe 5 items that could be sat on my shelf for a year or more.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: HPR 130XD Consumables

The usage ratio of electrodes to nozzles and shields is quite different with the HPR130XD. Nozzles will last about 1:1 with the electrodes. For every 4 nozzle changes you will likely need a shield. The swirl ring will last for about 100 or more electrodes. This...of course is all dependent of the operation and use, and even more so of the accuracy of the height control system in terms of controlling pierce and cut height.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Thanks Jim,
    I know the consumables last a lot longer on the HPR but could you give me an indication of how many pierces I should get per set compared to the Powermax?

If cutting the same thickness and the same part as cut with the 105 amp process on the Powermax, the HPR130XD will likely provide 2 to 3 times the consumable life with faster cutting sped and more consistent cut quality.The number of pierces will vary from about 600 to as many as 3500 depending on the average cut duration. Lower cut duration will allow for more starts but less total distance cut, longer duration cut cycles will allow for less starts but much more distance cut. This assumes you are cutting at the specs listed in the operators manual.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Simonh1959 View Post
    Thanks Jim,
    I know the consumables last a lot longer on the HPR but could you give me an indication of how many pierces I should get per set compared to the Powermax?