586,082 active members*
3,733 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

red sail laser x700

I have recieved a red sail laser machine from china model X700. I'm having trouble with the lasermate 5.2 software. I followed the user manual, but seems limited for my needs. The manual more focuses on pictures on composites or marble. I need a laser for etching lettering on metal chuck bodies. For example, arching the text, single line instead of outline, and thicker text. Is this 60w co2 laser strong enough for my type of work? I have the laser at max power and speed at .250mm/s and only engraves .002 deep. Has anyone had any experience with this machine and is it capable metal work?

Re: red sail laser x700

Does you metal with some paint on it or is it the oxidation? if so maybe it can engrave some letter,if not ,I am afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMRM8100 View Post
    I have recieved a red sail laser machine from china model X700. I'm having trouble with the lasermate 5.2 software. I followed the user manual, but seems limited for my needs. The manual more focuses on pictures on composites or marble. I need a laser for etching lettering on metal chuck bodies. For example, arching the text, single line instead of outline, and thicker text. Is this 60w co2 laser strong enough for my type of work? I have the laser at max power and speed at .250mm/s and only engraves .002 deep. Has anyone had any experience with this machine and is it capable metal work?
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

on meal work ? Why don't you use a laser marking machine which is professional on metal mark.
    You can try lower speed 100/50 something like this if it can deeper than 0.002 but this kind of machine are used to engrave on the surface material normally you know.
    Generally we recommend Thermark painted on metal,then engrave after.

Regards,
    Mary

60w co2 laser can engrave on most anodized/coated metal directly, but for naked metal, you may ask help for Thermark or laser marking machine.
    www.thunderlaser.com

Or look into a fiber laser which will mark metals directly.

I find thermark a huge pain to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your input! Thermarks website was very helpful with understanding more about laser etching. We use many different metals depending on customer requirements, so I will need to do alot more research on what type of products to use. I'm testing with 4150 steel dipped in black oxide, and will try thermark product on other metals. I don't see how this product will show up on dark surfaces. I hope to finish with a light gold lettering over the black oxide, maybe fiber laser is the way to go. I will look into that too

Happy to help!

We have a trotec flexx 300 at my office, which has both a fiber and a CO2 laser, but both at lower powers than your 60W.

I believe trotec is Austrian, so it will probably be fairly pricey.

Yeah, the fiber laser is the right way. Here show you the metal works I did with the fiber laser.
    Attachment 236046Attachment 236048Attachment 236050
    Regards,
    Ms.Mary

Quote Originally Posted by EXLASer View Post
    Yeah, the fiber laser is the right way. Here show you the metal works I did with the fiber laser.
    Attachment 236046Attachment 236048Attachment 236050
    Regards,
    Ms.Mary
    Is that anodized aluminum? That stuff will engrave fine on a CO2 laser as well.

I was talking more about marking directly on bare metal.

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Arial]I found fiber laser outperform co2 laser with material range below 4mm thick, and co2 laser outperform fiber laser with material range above 6mm thick. It would be useful to have the option of both lasers depending on what type of work your doing. Fiber is more readily absorbed and not reflected (works better on brass, copper, and aluminum). My work consists of heavy gauge steel which co2 seems recommended for me even though it

Quote Originally Posted by AmyThunderlaser View Post
    60w co2 laser can engrave on most anodized/coated metal directly, but for naked metal, you may ask help for Thermark or laser marking machine.
    60w co2 laser CAN NOT engrave on any metal directly.
    60w co2 laser can MARK on most anodized/coated metal directly if this is RF laser.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service