586,036 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Saving Home Configuration

Hello all,

I just finished setting up my zenbot router and I am having trouble getting the home switch settings to save. When I click "Ref All Home" the spindle goes to all of the home positions (the back left corner). I then set up all of the soft limits and saved the configuration. I then move the spindle back to the front of the table and all of the soft limits work perfectly. But when I restart mach3, the program thinks the spindle is back at the home positions (even though it is at the front of the table). How do I get the home positions to save without having to hit "Ref All Home" every time I open the program? Also what does the "fixture save" function mean when I close M3? I have tried saving and not saving with the same results. Thanks

Re: Saving Home Configuration

You need to Ref All Home every time.
    On general config (bottom right) learn to use persistent settings. On screen 1 turn on soft limits.

When turning off, move machine near the limit switches. Then referencing is just a short distance to move at the slower pace it uses.
    You can have reference point anywhere that is convenient. Not just at the far corner.

Make a simple program moving Z to a safe position, then move to home position.
    -- this assumes the machine is referenced.--
    G54 (your home position G59P1)
    G0 Z50 (or some where safe)
    G0 X0 Y0
    M30

Fixture save? If you have zeroed or set any of the DROs you will get this message.
    Probably stored at G59P1 .. look at the top right on main screen for the G59 setting.
    On screen 2 this is the work offset number. It can store offsets from 1 to 250. Learn to use it. It is your best friend. Also see offsets screen (Alt-5)
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.