586,068 active members*
3,823 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What do you think of this deal??

Hi all,

I bought this machine on auction over the weekend for GBP 750 (+-$1400)
    Seller claims it is in full working order and the table slideways and ballscrews are in good condition.
    Machine was used in toolroom for cutting dies (for moulding rubber i think)

It seems like the knee is also under CNC controll (or maybe it has just got a scale on it to act as DRO)
    It's got a power drawbar and the speed is also controlled via the controller (the method seems a bit odd though, as i would have thought VFD to be simpler)

I think it looks like a good deal, what do you think??
    Pieter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02_3.jpg   43_3.jpg   f2_3.jpg  

The ability of a piece of equipment to be useful to you is based on the theory that it will keep running. And if not that parts and tech support is available. Anilam is still in business but owned by Acu-rite (I believe). Do you have the manuals and have you researched parts and tech support? We rep Milltronics, as an example, but they do not support in any way some of their older stuff. I guess it is just cost effective economics or the jurrasics such as I have died off or retired.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi George,
    I have been hovering around here for more than a year now with the intention of converting my bridgeport clone to cnc. It seems in this machine you already have the servo's, the drives and the ballscrews. the biggest problem i see as far as spares go is the electronics, and if that all fails i can still convert to PC pased CNC with available parts. I see the economics coming into play where production depends on the machine having to run 24/7 but i think it will at least be a good start.

Do you know anything about the "usability" of this specific controll?
    P

I dont know if that machine is good/bad, new/old, great/useless etc etc. But it looks like a hell of a hunk of metal for just €1000. Nice buy.

It's not the price of the machine that gets you, it's the shipping (hope it's a local pickup).

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher

It's not the price of the machine that gets you, it's the shipping (hope it's a local pickup).

OK, I won't go as far as calling it local, but even with the shipping it's still a good deal for me. (as long as they stick to the quote and the machine does what it's supposed to)

It looks solid, like you said, you could always upgrade the control, If needed.

Anything can be upgraded/ converted no matter how old if your pockets are deep enough.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.