586,069 active members*
3,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

plotter to computer cable?

I have a calcomp 1025 plotter that I am trying to make work, but am not sure what cable to use. I have a 24 pin to 9 pin rs232 cable, but that doesn't seem to want to work. I also have a 24 pin straight through cable, but not sure if that would work, and I need to buy a gender converter plug for it.

I am trying not to spend any $ until I know the unit works, then if needed I will spend a little(I want to convert it to a vinyl cutter)

Thanks for any information.
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by svon89
    I have a calcomp 1025 plotter that I am trying to make work, but am not sure what cable to use. I have a 24 pin to 9 pin rs232 cable, but that doesn't seem to want to work. I also have a 24 pin straight through cable, but not sure if that would work, and I need to buy a gender converter plug for it.

I am trying not to spend any $ until I know the unit works, then if needed I will spend a little(I want to convert it to a vinyl cutter)

Thanks for any information.
    Stephen
    Maybe this link will be of some help.

http://www.winline.com/faq.html#comms

Jerry

Jerry,
    Thanks for that link. Unfortunately it means that there is something more wrong than the cable. I tested the cable and it is the correct layout. I also am trying to use their software download to test the plotter.

Thanks again
    Stephen

I recently went through all this with my hp 7550 a plus plotter. I made my own cable and it works. Also converted it to use vynil as well. Interesting journey. I wish I could help but thats not the same plotter, and I dont know what pin-outs you need.

I hope you can adjust the pen-force with ease on that plotter. if not; you may run into issues like I did.
    WWW.RAIDGEAR.NET - FFC cables, foam headset replacement parts, and other gadgets.