586,465 active members*
3,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > What can I do with a Maxnc-5 ?

What can I do with a Maxnc-5 ?

I´m planning to buy a cnc mill without motor and place a 7,5 kg (15 Lbs) 500W motor on it.

Can this work with a Maxnc-5? I will offcourse make a new holder for the motor and also reinforce the vertical column.

Is this a suitable mill for engraving in brass and steel?

if you think the motor is to heavy for the Z-column you could always use a counterweight for compensating the motor's weight just make sure the counter isn't just hanging around supended in the air but has some kind of up and down guide

most can probably mill steel its just how fast that seperates them for engraving if your spindle has enough RPM's for your need it should be engraving just fine again how fast ......

just my 2ct good lukk m8

Unless the MaxNC is at a really good deal, I would not do it.

If you are looking at spending near the $1000 range, I would look at a Taig.

you can get a superX3 for around 1000 and i think it would be a better deal then taig

wow, i was looking to upgrade the 1/10th to 1/5 hp dayton and I though that was a huge step. Bravo for the cajones to put that sucker on a max- what is the rpm range? accuracy requirements?

I think

I will look at another mill. I´ve found some negative threads about the maxnc so I think I will forget it.