586,060 active members*
4,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > My terrible experience with Burntables and my resolution

My terrible experience with Burntables and my resolution

13.6 miles. That

Re: My terrible experience with Burntables and my resolution

Awesome post...this is one reason I built my own CNC router..built to my standards, and it works perfectly..

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney201 View Post
    Awesome post...this is one reason I built my own CNC router..built to my standards, and it works perfectly..
    Thanks for the compliment. And I agree about educating yourself and building your own stuff, if you have the capability and time. Other than that, you get what you pay for, or in this case, way less.

Great Post i almost went Same Route question how do you now thc on the hypertherm ? We think of using an Heiz 100 t as Router and do an tourch on it ,..

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Great Post i almost went Same Route question how do you now thc on the hypertherm ? We think of using an Heiz 100 t as Router and do an tourch on it ,..
    For a THC that actually functions, give the guys at CandCNC a call.

I will thx

Quote Originally Posted by shiner2001 View Post
    For a THC that actually functions, give the guys at CandCNC a call.
    Yep, I built my own small table and have just upgraded the THC from a cheap Proma unit to an MP3000 unit from CandCNC, it's way faster and more accurate, very nice unit and people to deal with.

I've just read the OP and was horrified to see the details of the table and the mods made in the Hypertherm! I'm using a little 30XP on my table and had to make my own internal mods but at least I used high voltage rated cables and followed a bit of common sense, their mod looks downright dangerous.

Those test cuts look atrocious, my first cuts were not even that bad and now I've got it dialled in are very good, hopefully your build will be a total success.

We also had a terrible time with this company. Still are in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by knowlzy0791 View Post
    We also had a terrible time with this company. Still are in fact.
    Feel free to share if you would like. As much truthful information as we can get out there about them the better. I noticed right after I posted this write up on here and other sites, there were a few "random" threads pop up about how their tables were the greatest things ever. I assume they were either solicited or just completely made up.

We generally had the same issues as mentioned above. Our machine cut a lot better than the pictures show in the thread though. CJ did break one of our plastic holders while he was here, I also taught him a few things he was doing wrong in the CAD program (and I just started doing this about 2 years ago and I'm self taught)

Getting them on the phone or over an e-mail is near to impossible, once you do manage to get some sort of a response it is generally one that does not help you in any sort of way.

Their topic area was banned on this site by the Administrator. I think they just wanted to use it for advertising.
    Now featuring Plasmaland online

Quote Originally Posted by knowlzy0791 View Post

Getting them on the phone or over an e-mail is near to impossible, once you do manage to get some sort of a response it is generally one that does not help you in any sort of way.
    "Keep turning that knob."

Quote Originally Posted by shiner2001 View Post
    "Keep turning that knob."
    Was skeptical about turning the knob in fear it would fall off!

Attachment 248872

That is one example of the precision cutting from the table we got. Our new table isn't able to complete this cut though! I have another thread running with some information on the issue if you might have some input as how to go about fixing it!

Wow that looks all way too familiar!

I also started a thread on Pirate 4x4 the other day...that one actually got a response from Burntables.

My terrible experience with Burntables and my resolution - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

I only wish had read all if the terrible reviews before leasing a burntable 18 months ago. Has anyone actually sued the burn table company to get a refund? I am looking for advice on how to proceed with this problem. I lead to believe by the burn table people that it was my lack of experience that was causing all of the problems, but now after all of this time the table still does not work for me. What is your advice? Sue burn tables and possibly the bank handling the lease, or keep what I have and try and fix the problems outside of the Burn Table folks? Who could I contact to finally resolve the issue.
    Thanks for your response.BW

Hi,

I too had a 4 x 4 burn table which either crashed the Z or drove it to the upper limit. I contacted a local plasma cutter manufacturer Camcutcnc.
    Andy came to my shop and said everything that has been said here and more. The drivers they used required more pulse width than Mach3 was providing ant the mechanical gearing was completely wrong. The workmanship was horrible. Andy built me a new controller and gantry. We are cutting as advertised now. If you have a burn tables and want to make it work, send him an email for info : [email protected]

wow the power of the internet i was getting a quote from these guys i will look elseware