586,076 active members*
3,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Repair Technician Opportunity

My name is Brian Heeter and I am a recruiter in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I currently have an opportunity available for a CNC Repair Technician.

The company with the opening provides world class engineering, fabrication and machining services and they have an immediate need for a CNC Repair Technician.

The CNC Repair Tech will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of in-house machinery - both electrical and mechanical repair of automated machinery.

They are seeking candidates who possess at least 3 years of experience with machine repair. Prior experience with Cincinnati Milicron, G&L, Lucas and Farrell CNC machines would be a plus.

It is a direct hire position, and it is located near Indianapolis. The compensation package includes a salary in the $40-50K range, plus a shift bonus, along with relocation assistance.

If this opportunity would be of interest to you, please forward a copy of your resume as a Word attachment. You can e-mail it to me at [email protected].

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Brian

Definately not enough money just to do CNC electronics. The mechanic duties too...............?

Good electronics guys are not mechanics.

Mechanics do not make good electronic service personnel.

If someone was able to do both mechanical and electrical repair, that would be great. But the ability to do both is not required. They are looking for experienced machine repair technicians - electrical or mechanical.

With the shift bonus and overtime, the total compensation can end up in the $60's. I have spoken with other candidates in the area, and their salary range seems very competitve for Repair Technicians.

Quote Originally Posted by CJL5585
    Definately not enough money just to do CNC electronics. The mechanic duties too...............?

I don't know about that!!
    I met a really good guy who worked out of North Carolina; he got way more than that a yr though!!
    I could manage both duties if pushed; electronics is not my strong point nowadays; but I do manage to get stuff working; with a quick training and I'd be fully up to speed again

Quote Originally Posted by CJL5585

What do you consider "good" salary for that type of work? Perhaps I'm missing out here...

Edit: According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, the median salary is between $15x and $22x (hourly), with less than 10% making more than $27x hourly.

This position has been placed on hold. When the search becomes active again, I will update this posting.