586,674 active members*
3,309 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas Vs. Daewoo

Haas Vs. Daewoo. just wondering what you all thought about how these machines compare. As far as price and performance any help would be great.

I would argue that it depends on what you intend to put on either machine and the tolerances you need to hold. Regardless, they are pretty close with Daewoo getting the slight edge. I work with both. Keep in mind that Dewoo is in the process of changing their brand over to Doosan (their parent company name).

If your tolerances are more on the open side (+/- 0.001), work envelope capacity, spindle hp and rpm's and other features realtive to cost should be your determining factor.

We have a Haas SL30 and were told to look at the Daewoo.
    We are after a machine a little smaller than the Haas SL30, the SL20 is the one. We looked at the Daewoo Linx 220LM. They both had Pro's and Con's. The Daewoo's BDI turret was 12 station but could 1/2 index enabling 24 stations. The Daewoo's controller was the Fanuc I series. Actually learnt something from a guy Alan in another post about it. What has turned us off the Daewoo was not having a travelling Tailstock and most importantly not having the tool load/overload settins ie. parting and u-drills. Was not the controller was the machine that I found out did not have the software built in for the controller to use the feature. I am wrapped with the ease of the Haas. And we made the decision today between Daewoo and Haas. I know Daewoo are GOOD machines and am not saying anything detrimental towards them at all, just for us we have gone with the Haas. I must say I am happy about it.. Good Luck!!!