I have looked at the Hitachi WJ200 documentation ... WJ200 Instruction Manual NT325X ... and have not been able to figure out what the best way to wire this.

I want to use the Jog function ... page 4-19 ... along with the Three Wire Interface ... page 4-31

Based on my understanding of the Jog function, if the Jog Function connection is on then when a "Forward" or "Reverse" command is received the motor will run at the jog speed. It appears as though an assumption is made that the "Forward" or "Reverse" commands will be received via the "Forward Run/Stop and Reverse Run/Stop Command" functions on page 4-16. However making the "Forward Run/Stop and Reverse Run/Stop Command" functions on page 4-16 with a switching configuration suitable for easy human interaction with momentary jog, continuous run and a readily available stop function has eluded me.

Based on my understanding of the Three Wire Interface a switching configuration suitable for easy human interaction with continuous run and a readily available stop function is readily available but it seems to preclude using any type of jog function. Having to quickly push the start and then stop button does not fall into the "quick jog" paradigm. And the thought that separate "Forward Run/Stop and Reverse Run/Stop Command" for use only when the Job command is enabled appears to be thwarted by the "When you configure the inverter for 3-wire interface control, the dedicated [FW] terminal is automatically disabled. The [RV] intelligent terminal assignment is also disabled." statement.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to how to have both Jog and the Three Wire Interface configured at the same time or are they mutually exclusive?

Thanks,
Arvid