586,077 active members*
3,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > I need a 4 axis mill and 3 axis lathe controller dynamotion + kflops?

I need a 4 axis mill and 3 axis lathe controller dynamotion + kflops?

hi,

Not sure who can answer this but some questions.

Will the software take gcode and output motor controls like mach 3 without any kind of c programing skills?

Can the software handel starting mid program.

Is their lathe functions like css.

Can i use modbus for spindel control

will it work with gecko 540s?

average time to instal and setup to running gcodes from knowing nothing of the dynamotion system. hours days or weeks?

i am very interested in an industrial solution as i have had enough of mach 3 and its crazy software.

thanks
    C

Re: I need a 4 axis mill and 3 axis lathe controller dynamotion + kflops?

Hi charlieslasher,

Will the software take gcode and output motor controls like mach 3 without any kind of c programing skills?
    Normally very little C Programming is required. All the programs for converting GCode to Motion and so forth already exist. The C Programming required is for system initialization and to define the configuration of your system. If you don't know anything about programming you will probably find this very difficult.

One of the more complex programming requirements is for ModBus in KFLOP. Some of our Users have connected ModBus to the PC and commanded simple on/off and speed scripts from the PC which is somewhat simpler. However for CSS the spindle control should be real-time and this is only possible by connecting the ModBus directly to KFLOP. It sounds like this may be too complicated for you - especially if you are in a rush. You might Download our software, run KMotion.exe, using the C Programs Screen, and open the RS232/Modbus Examples.

Here is a CSS video:

Can the software handel starting mid program.
    This is never really a good idea. We have a "Set Next Statement" option that performs a reverse search for the more recent position, feedrate, mode and so forth. It is not flawless. See:
    G Code Screen

will it work with gecko 540s?
    Yes - you will need to make a cable.

average time to instal and setup to running gcodes from knowing nothing of the dynamotion system. hours days or weeks?
    I would budget weeks given you don't know how to spell our name and you have two relatively difficult tasks added on top of everything else - Modbus and CSS

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com