586,032 active members*
2,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Vac problems

Vac problems

I have a 60x96 inch table with limited air holes. There are 8 - .5 inch holes along the y axis in a row and 4 rows approximately 1.5 ft apart. I have gasketed the table off and created a spoil board to hold the parts down as well as possible. I believe we have 2 5hp vacs on this router. When cuttin 3/4 inch particle board, the parts hold solid but when using 3/4 plywood it has very little hold. The part cutouts are 16x16.5 so it uses the majority of the board. Our material is buckled on the ends when laid with the flat side of the material down so the center has some hold but not the ends. When the board is flipped as you could imagine the center has no hold yet the ends seem to have some pressure. Upon running the first board, every single part slid and caused the bit to chop off corners or rotate the parts under the head. Any ideas on how to increase the vac or clamp ideas to help hold the parts to the table?

Re: Vac problems

It looks as tho particle board and MDF hold well but neither CDX nor OSB can straighten out enough to hold to the spoil board to allow the spoil board to suction to the gaskets.

Re: Vac problems

John

Are these part that you are cutting on a regular basis? Or are they one offs?
    John if you want you can contact me @ [email protected] I have had a few of my customers that had trouble holding osb board and CDX we helped them out and his production went up.