586,036 active members*
3,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pallet changer stuck

This is on a Hyundai SPT-V30TO. The pallet changer was in the middle of changing and i changed modes(WONT DO THAT AGAIN!), the pallet got stuck and a couple of alarms went off (one was door open and the other z- axis interlock). I could hear air coming out and the pallet would turn either way about 5 degrees. I couldnt do a pallet change from the control so i loosened the pallet and turned it untill the sensor light was green and in MDI did a pallet change. It rotated to where i dont want it and it locked. Now i cant move it, cant hear the air and i get an alarm "incorrect pallet position" which it is. ANy tips on what has happened will help THANKS.

i know nothing about this machine but is it possible to get at the mechanism while the power is turned off and move it back to the correct position and then restart the machine? if you can get it unlocked and back in the correct position i would think you could just pick back up where you left off.
    good luck
    Matt

is it possible to go into maintenance mode and mdi step by step the command sequence for the pallet change to bring the pallet back to the proper position

when i go into mdi i cant move it as it just alarms out on me. im not sure how to go into mainteance mode though? How do i pul the pin outto relocate it, because its locked into a position right now and and when i loosen the table it still wont spin. although it did spin before when i could hear air even after the machine was powered down.

can t necessarily say for you machine , but the machines i work on , in MDI mode m998 turns on the maint mode m999 turns it off ,
    remember that you are over riding the switches , so caution is a must !
    i really am having a hard time picturing what exactly what you have for a pallet changer , i know nothing of those machines , what do you mean by turning , is it the pallet itself or the carrier , that is a vertical right?

Thanks for the replies, It is a horizontal mill and i managed to get it back in position today, by first pushing emergency stop, which released the brake solenoid or the pin im not sure. then by hand i rotated the fan on the pallet changer motor.This rotated the carrier. While the carrier was moving i held the table in position with the sensor light green as i had loosened the table from the carrier prior to this. Then the carrier locked after it was rotated about 60 degrees.
    In the pallet changer recovery manual it says to hit e stop then rotate the fan, when i did this after a few spins the fan turned on for a few seconds which was kinda scary, luckily i had gloves on. So thanks for the use caution.

the v30 had me thrown off i was picturing a virtical
    glad to here youve got er , , it s the simple mess ups that will kill a guy

ooops sorry it is a vertical

Red face Need a Photo

Jedi,

I have a picture in my head, but if you could post a few photos that would help a great deal.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com