586,103 active members*
3,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Recent Work

Page 3 of 3 123

Re: Recent Work

Hey Rotax,V27 will do you fine for now.
    Member SBC would probably have a good post,,he has a whole room full of Haas.
    I got one,can't guarantee it though as my machine is a 98' VF-2.

Problem with pictures,at least for me,,us that machine for a living,don't do many "Pretty" jobs.That's not not to say the jobs we do are easy.
    If you care,you can check me out on FaceBook in my photo's.Lot's of Pretty stuff.Some where made on manuals though.I'll leave my name up for a while,then I going to edit.

P.S ,,sure is taking longer than I thought for your machine?

Hey Jr,

Thanks for the reassurance on v27. I knew it would suffice. I think it's a mind game thing in thinking you always need to have the latest version. Yes, another week to go on the VF3. Not sure if you remember the history on me but we were getting a standard VF3 (40 taper) thru a broker. That was to be about the 2nd week of June. A Haas rep that visited us found this out thru one of my machinist contacts that also deals with our same rep. Our sales guy contacted us and helped put a halt to that because of the heavy amount of stainless steel work done at dads shop. Said the CAT40 wouldn't be rigid enough and that we wouldn't be happy with it. We cancelled and got our 10% back. Ended up getting an excellent deal on a near new 2012 VF3-YT50 thru Haas. Some of the delay was the shop was renovating an area to make room for this beast. We delayed the shipping of it from CA for a couple weeks. The current delay is the rigger. Was supposed to get delivered today but had to push it to 7/23 due to his work load. It's sitting at the riggers right now just 40 minutes from here.

I appreciate the lead on SBC and Haas PP info. I will contact him if necessary.

Rotax, I have been for the most part using Haas_OEM post and it works fine. Only problem I have had is that it doesnt number the code lines (makes it hard to reset and go back) and it has done a couple dog leg rapids. They sent me a different post for the dog legs but it just makes the rapids the same speed as the feed.

Beansdiesel,

Check lines the following lines in your post
    207. Output sequence numbers in subprograms? y
    208. Output sequence numbers? y

And then in your blocks that control your moves, such as block 2, you should have a "n," at the start of any line with move commands.

Here is a section of code from my block 2

n,t,"M06"
    n,s,spindle_on
    n,rapid_move,force_x,xr,force_y,yr,rotary_xy_angle
    n,rapid_move,length_offset,coolant_on
    output_rotary_angle

nice share,thanks

This is made out of A-2 and most of the flat surfaces get ground to a H7 Tolerance.

Today's job, in progress. :banana:

I was going to ask if it was a chain of some sort but then I clocked the image titles ;-)
    What's the chain for?
    And who bought you the "Grouchy" Snickers and why?

- Nick

Some 4340 CM work. This is a prototype so not a perfect finish on it.

Weird, first post didnt show so I just posted again and now the first one showed up for me. Maybe the page was cached on my machine or something and I needed to refresh. So sorry about the double post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151028_180423.jpg   20151028_180409.jpg  

Wow! Beautiful work you've done on these rods. Are these machined as 1 piece and then the cap cut off or machined as 2 separate pieces?

The normal way would be one piece then cut the cap off after drilling it. But the material we already had was too small so we did these in two pieces and never again will I try and do that. Nightmare in setups.

Page 3 of 3 123