586,075 active members*
3,714 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    If the group want I live in Hanson,Ma. just north of Plymouth,Ma.We have a town camp with a big lodge and pond and bar services the only cost is booze. Hanson is about 2 hours from Nashua, NH. and about 1 1/2 hours from RI. The camp is Camp Kiwanee if you want we could try turning this into a family type picnic here a link to town site http://www.hanson-ma.gov/Public_Docu...ecDept/kiwanee

hi
    maybe we can have chat sessions here in cnc zone.
    we can share info about what were doing in our free time.
    I usually jump into chat here and have met some really nice folks from all over the country.
    thanks
    frank

well we can pick any where this time of year I have no prefence myself other than to say that Saterday and Sunday our the days open

After thinking about it. Our first meeting should just be to meet and say hello. Given the fact that the big dig is closed. I would think that some spot on 95 would make sence somewhere like Walpole when theres no game or concert

I think we may have an answer to our question of where and when

#1 Today, 06:53 AM
    HighSpeed
    Chip Sweeper Join Date: Mar 2004

Beer-Fest '06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This invite goes out to CNC enthusiasts interested in German beer, Authentic German Food, and unique CNC technology for small part manufacturing.

August 11th at our facility in New Hampshire – BEERFEST. If you’d like to attend, please phone, and I’ll email you an invitation and details of this awesome event.

Here’s an overview: http://www.highspeedcnc.com/beer_fest_06.htm

Robert Murphy
    www.datrondynamics.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside

August 11th at our facility in New Hampshire – BEERFEST.

Steven
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

Hello fellow New Englanders!
    Just wanted to announce myself. I run a part time business out of the basement building bench-top CNC machines and retrofit kits. By day a Toolmaker and by night a husband, father of two young boys, and small business owner. I am in West Warwick, RI. It would be great to get together with other locals and shoot the breeze and share knowledge. See ya at Beerfest!!

Ken
    KDN Tool

Ashland MA Bridgeport Boss 8 help

Hi,

I am in Ashland MA I need someone to teach me a little about running a r2e3 Bridgeport with a Boss 8 control. Bobcad help would be great also. I have a CNC laser that I cut foam on so I do have some background. I also have a lot of stepper drives, Linear rails, Motors all new for trade or for sale contact me. [email protected]

gguidi I'm in Hanson,Ma. and can help you with Bobcad and machining Feel free to drop me an e-mail with any question or files [email protected]

WEll its like an hour north of Boston, so I don't know if this counts.
    But I am in Dover NH, about 45 minutes from Manchester.

gguidi,
    Hi I am in Plaistow N.H. so I might be a little far but I might be able to help with Bobcad questions. Also I have some machining experience so maybe I could help there too.
    Feel free to E-mail me.

Watertown, interested in learning all that I can.

Does anybody know if there anything in the way of machining classes that a person can take in these parts? I'm not a student, and I work full time 9-5 weekdays.

I am new to this, I am in somerville and I am converting an super x3 to CNC.
    Is anyone on the area to discuss this conversion ?

Calvin

jon003,

you should look into the tech schools around here. i've seen a lot of them offer intro to machining classes, as well as some CNC programming classes.

Calvin,
    i'm in quincy. send me a PM.

-steve

I'm in Merrimack,NH. I am going to be converting my mini mill to cnc this winter.

Just bumping this thread - Did anyone ever get together in the Boston/Southern NH area?

I'm thinking of attending the next NEMES meeting in Waltham on Dec. 7 at 7 PM. http://neme-s.org/

Neatman

Interested

Hello everyone, I'm south of Worcester on the MA. , CT. line. I'm interested in learning more about homebuilt CNC. I'd like to build a plasma table in the future as I get a better understanding of the CNC end of it. Dick

Hi Dick,

I'm just a litle east of you in Bellingham, on the MA/RI line. I'm finising up my first 2 CNC router tables.
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

Steven, Dick - Welcome!

Be warned, this can be a very addictive hobby. There is a wealth of information here on CNCzone. I would strongly reccomend Mach3 for both cnc routers and CNC plasma cutters. It's very capable software. I've run it on routers and CNC mills. A plasma cutter is the works also.

NEATman

Anyone in Boston/North Shore/Southern NH have an X3 I could come over and measure? I want some real numbers to figure out some vise selection/placement issues.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Page 2 of 3 123