586,106 active members*
3,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy INTEGREX 400-III Tail stk. Barrier Ques.

We have an INTEGREX 400-III and use eia/iso prog. not Mazatrol. We must always have the "Barrier cancel" on or the machine alarms out. "123 Tailstock barrier" no matter where the tailstk. is (i.e. extreme z+ direction). It only has 3 parrmeters for eia/iso, (many more for use w/mazatrol) and are set as follows... B252 = 0, B253 = 0 AND B254 = -473622. Any help would be appreciated.

AJL.

P. S. or maybe it's normal to have to run the mach. w/barrier cancel activated

yes, it is normal to run with Tailstock Barrier off. just have to be careful when you are actually use tailstock to turn the part.

Thanks, although it dosn't make much sence???

UPDATE!,The mazak guy has been here two days now and still is baffeled. All works well with mazatrol but not so with eia.

Quote Originally Posted by newtexas2006
    yes, it is normal to run with Tailstock Barrier off. just have to be careful when you are actually use tailstock to turn the part.

BE Aware! barrier cancle, cancel's all barriers incl. the chuck and tool barriers

I would not cancel the barriers just tell the machine on the setup page the tailstock is not used. You could give Mazatrol a try if you haven't for lathe it can do 99% of everything I have ever done. Here is a new forum to try out. http://integrexmachinist.com/