586,110 active members*
3,257 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Looking for a Guitar playing machinist familiar with floating Tremolo Systems

Question Looking for a Guitar playing machinist familiar with floating Tremolo Systems

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a machinist who plays Guitar and/or is familiar with "floating" Tremolo Systems such as the "Floyd Rose", i.e., a tremolo that can both lower and raise the pitch of a guitars strings.

I have designed and patented a new tremolo system for electric guitars and I have just about finished the AutoCAD drawings for the final prototypes. I need someone to make the prototypes for me.

I have had some problems with the reliability of a machinist I had previously been working with, and I need to find someone else to do the final prototypes. I'm trying to find someone who is really interested in this type of thing & who is honest & reliable. I would also like to find someone who is reasonably proficient with CAD, i.e., someone who can at least view 3D CAD files, use the hide, shade, & render commands, look a things from different viewpoints, etc.. This is not a must, but it helps.

The work will also require some minor routing on a few guitars.

The tremolo system is as stable for tuning as a fixed bridge, i.e., tuning one string does not effect the tuning of the other strings, bending a string does not effect the pitch of the un-bent strings, breaking a string does not effect the pitch of the remaining un-broken strings, resting your hand on the bridge for palm muting effects does not upset the tuning of the strings.

At the neutral position, the tremolo bridge acts just like a fixed bridge, but you use it just like a standard tremolo system & the tremolo arm has a smooth balanced feel at the neutral position. You can both lower and raise string pitch from the neutral position. The design basically just adds a cam and cam-follower to a standard or stock pivotal tremolo system.

If you are interested in making the prototypes please contact me via private message at this forum or at (johnjmechanical @ yahoo.com) "delete the space before and after the @ sign." This is just an email I use in forums so my regular email won't get spammed. The email link to my regular addres, given in my profile, does not seem to be working. I tried to email myself a test message and it did not make it through, at least not within 5-10 minutes.

Please provide your name, address, contact info, & a little background information about you and your shop. I will then contact you direct via my regular email and I can send the DWG files for quotation after I get them done. I think I can get things wrapped up in about a week or so, so it may be a little while before you hear from me. I'm looking to move ahead as fast as possible because of lost time due to the unreliability of my former machinist. Even if some time passes between this post and when you read it, please contact me if you are interested. I would like to build a data base of everyone that is interested and can help.

Thank you.
    John

John, I'm a professional musician, guitarist and teacher and also sorta like a machinist if you would call it...

I build custom cues for pool, www.hadjcues.com which makes me work on metal lathes, cnc and several jigs and fixtures that I designed.

Let me know what you have in mind, based on your design... I've used several types offloating systems for guitar. Mostly floyd rose patented systems and currently use a Gotoh. Years before had a Kahler system but didn't work as well as a Floyd.

You can mail me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Hadj
    www.hadjcues.com

Hey, I sent you an email and a PM. Are you still looking for someone to do this project?

Your tremolo

John,

Am interested In your development. I have a Tool Shop with CNC milling, turning, grinding, and EDM with production and assembly capabilties. Look for my email to jmechanical.

eddiez

Thanks for the replies guys, It should not be too much longer on the drawings and then I can send out the RFQ's.

Sincerely,
    John