586,069 active members*
3,629 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Spindle quit running w/ c axix fault

Spindle quit running w/ c axix fault

Our spindle was running with slide hold on, and it just quit running.
    We get a C axis fault and the spindle controler card trips the reset button.
    All axis X,Y,Z, work fine.

Local dealer said it has to be spindle controler, although they did not even come and look at it.

Its old 1988 cnc88 4020 machine. It has work well, and we give very good maintance.

I have read some of the postings for c axis fault and have checked spindle orientation magnet under "DI" and it read just fine.

I suppose you have powered it completely down and tried from a cold start again? If it keeps tripping the reset then it sounds like a spindle controller. I am no expert but if cold starts and looking further didnt solve the issue then I would let the dealer take a look.

Yes I have done cold start several times. Thje dealer seems very sure that it is the spindle driver( I said spindle controler card), this is almost $5000., and I was just not wanting to replace it, when they would not even come and verify that it was a absolutly the problem.

It is still the controller card that trips.

Thanks I have contacted them to see if we could get some help.

Thanks for your replies.

This probably isnt the problem , but ive had c-axis fault arise because in the parameters it was set for xyzc axis. I changed it to xyz and it doesnt alarm, Anyhow ill have to rememer to change it back when we put the rotary table back on.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TomCNC88
    Our spindle was running with slide hold on, and it just quit running.
    We get a C axis fault and the spindle controler card trips the reset button.
    All axis X,Y,Z, work fine.
    Do you get any error numbers with your C-Axis fault either up on the screen or on the invertor itself?
    Does your spindle controller card LED flash normally ike the other axis controller cards after the C-Axis fault?
    Will your spindle attempt to come on and start turning and then fault out after a few seconds?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what might be happening.

Thanks,

Brian

first check that the spindle move by hand if not you have belt problem
    then take out the head cover and look for any mecanical problem
    then look on the inverter you can operate it from the key pad
    if you will post your inverter type i can tell you how
    some inverter can make self test