586,616 active members*
2,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > EdingCNC > Let me shed some light on Macro programming
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Let me shed some light on Macro programming

a while ago i started working on code layouts

different formats between easy to read, or dense

at some point is easy to do things how you like, rather then hunting down for functionalities through other softwares
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

That is the reason i started Devellopment of E++. i wanted the Syntax Coloring and Indentation like i have in Notepad++, but without all the extra functions you don't need.. and some extra's for G-Code specifically For EdingCNC..

That is why the Parameters have colours depending on their status.. a Volatile Parameter is green, a Non Volatile Parameter is Orange, and a System Parameter is Red..
    I need to do some more Coding, as the Parameters #1 through #26 represent the letters of the Alphabet, #1=A, ...#26 is Z, to Enable one to use these in Self written Custom M-codes..
    That is why, and how i came up with Codes like M34 A45 R30, a Polar Coordinate meaning "From Circle Center, move to Radius 20 @45°, and it works a treat!

Quote Originally Posted by arie kabaalstra View Post
    I wanted Colours as well, that is why i made E++.. I do need some "Time off" so i can Translate the manual to English, so i can put the link here..

but there are plenty of Editors providing Syntax marking, and indentation, like Notepad++ and Visual Studio Code.
    E++ is however a G-Code Editor written specifically for EdingCNC.

Oh.. and there needs to be a space after a Gosub and a Sub...
    I am just getting started on EdingCNC, with a CNC720. I am definitely not an amateur, since I am - as of this year - a former professional machinist now in engineering school. I am happy to learn all about what I can do with my CNC720, but it was a MF-ing hassle just to connect Teknic Clearpath DC servos to this controller. Plus, the default limits and other things I would have to discover on my own were just nonsensical. I have since figured a lot of these things out, but it feels ridiculous that I have a professional CNC career behind me and I couldn't even jog the machine.

If you're writing new manuals, and you have Eding's ear, you might consider pushing them to publish a "getting started" FAQ. There are still many steps that have to be cleared before I can move on to using the machine, like squaring the tandem axes that isn't covered anywhere I can find. Through tenacity, I was able to connect a bunch of dots and make homing work with Tandem axes, but that's only half the battle - and it's not really even solved. Tandem axis homing often ends with one inductive switch in the open condition the other in the closed condition, with absolutely no idea what to do about it.

There are other, philosophical questions that I would like addressed too. Like, for example, why homing the machine zeroes the work coordinates. WTF?

Your 14-year-old video clearly shows that EdingCNC is capable, which is what makes this so frustrating.

Page 2 of 2 12