586,036 active members*
3,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Uncategorised WoodWorking Machines > Parts needed for CNC Router 6.6ft x 10ft 3 axis. Also optional big Z axis.

Parts needed for CNC Router 6.6ft x 10ft 3 axis. Also optional big Z axis.

Hello,
    I am going to finish a CNC machine that my father started more than 10 years ago, because now I want to use it to make moulds for fibreglass or carbon-fibre for full-scale race kitcars and some minor aluminium parts needed for the cars and ocassional woodworking for our main business. As fas as I know if I make the machine with bigger Z axis I will have problems with harder materials but I hope it shouldn't be a problem since I will use the full Z axis lenght only on softer materials like polyurethane with very slow feedrate just for the moulds and I want to make a moveable table to place it closer to the gantry (10-15 cm) for harder materials like aluminium or when the extra Z is not needed.

So far I have these parts that are on the pictures: tooth racks and the aluminium guides. Which other parts would I need? My mechanic told me to use stepper motors as they are cheaper and would do the work but I would like to hear your oppinions. He told me to look for NEMA34 1232oz/in. There are also 1600oz/in ... will they work better? What about servo motors? What size and spec would I need? Are there more affordable ones?

Greetings from Bulgaria,
    Peter

Attachment 240864Attachment 240866Attachment 240868

Re: Parts needed for CNC Router 6.6ft x 10ft 3 axis. Also optional big Z axis.

Hello,

Does anyone have idea what specification servo motors do I need in first place to start searching?

Thank you in advance,
    Peter