586,094 active members*
3,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Daewoo Linx 220LM

We are looking to buy the Linx 220LM. It has a Fanuc Oi-TB Controller.

It is a base Fanuc controller as I am aware...... can anyone advise me if this is alright or would most of you upgrade to a premier Fanuc controller. The above one is considerably cheaper.

Don't go on the Fanuc no as a basis of control specifacation. The Fanc 0 is a very powerful control and well able to a lot more than the Lynx is capable of. The 0i control is actually a better spec than the standard 16 or 18 control if set up correctly.
    Alan B

Thanks for that Alan

I seem to have found some info on this today actually. For instance the Daewoo Linx machine doesn't or at least the one we looked at hasn't created the software for tool load limits. typically parting tools and U-Drills. Therefore Fanuc was unable to use it on that particular machine. I would have thought that tool load/overload limits would be a priority on a lathe, especially when you want to have it run by itself for a few hours. We are turned off on the Daewoo, probably going to get another Haas.

In the UK very few people, (in fact I can't think of any of my customers) use load monitering. Nakamura-Tome lathes have their version but nobody uses it. Your inspection patrols if set up correctly will identify any problems before they occur.
    The Daewoo machines are a very good mass produced work horse for production and at a good price. You get what you pay for. Myself I would not pay extra for load monitoring it's more trouble than it's worth, but each to his own. Good luck with what ever you buy.
    Alan B