586,096 active members*
3,637 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas VF 3SS w/ Renishaw Probe Systems

Haas VF 3SS w/ Renishaw Probe Systems

Hello guys,

I've recently came into a new shop and have taken over for their previous CAD/CAM Engineer. It seems as a lot of things are done "half-assed" or incomplete so I am running into many issues using and maintaining this machine. This is the first Haas that I have actually programmed and ran on, my first machine was a Fadal (boy was that thing a hunk of junk compared to this haas). I am having many issues with the work offset programs that are in the machine. I select to offset the workpiece (using the Renishaw Probe system) and then I move to MDI to launch the cycle and probe the part, I see the code reading and then it just says End of Program (without doing anything). The code moves much too quickly for me to actually stop and catch what its reading, but it seems as thought the program that is in the device is incomplete? Is this a problem that anyone else has had issues with? And if so, how did you guys manage to repair it? I could be missing such a minor step here, and I am not afraid to take notes. So please, if you know anything please give me some feedback. Thanks!

Re: Haas VF 3SS w/ Renishaw Probe Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Cshade30 View Post
    Hello guys,

I've recently came into a new shop and have taken over for their previous CAD/CAM Engineer. It seems as a lot of things are done "half-assed" or incomplete so I am running into many issues using and maintaining this machine. This is the first Haas that I have actually programmed and ran on, my first machine was a Fadal (boy was that thing a hunk of junk compared to this haas). I am having many issues with the work offset programs that are in the machine. I select to offset the workpiece (using the Renishaw Probe system) and then I move to MDI to launch the cycle and probe the part, I see the code reading and then it just says End of Program (without doing anything). The code moves much too quickly for me to actually stop and catch what its reading, but it seems as thought the program that is in the device is incomplete? Is this a problem that anyone else has had issues with? And if so, how did you guys manage to repair it? I could be missing such a minor step here, and I am not afraid to take notes. So please, if you know anything please give me some feedback. Thanks!

In addition to this formally noted problem I have found the recovery stick to perform the normal recovery in the situation of a program fault. It will not load the stick and gives me a message saying that it cannot open the USB Drive. At this point, I am unsure of what to do. Had this worked, I was just going to load the WIPS or RenWIPS file and replace the current probe programs with the back up programs. It seems as though I have caught myself at some kind of a dead end.

Hello,

I had this problem too and resolved with a new version of macro programs.
    ask your haas personell about them.

have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by claudiu220405 View Post
    Hello,

I had this problem too and resolved with a new version of macro programs.
    ask your haas personell about them.

have a nice day

Thanks! Yes, I contacted my HFO rep. and had the codes replaced and in the mill working within a half hour. They seem eager to help whenever there are issues which is something you've got to love. Otherwise, to say how this problem occurred is beyond me. It seems as though they had been tampered with between the previous engineer's departure and my arrival. I can't see many reasons the macros can be corrupted unless the machine somehow somewhere had a short or was tampered with, seeing as you need to override machine parameters just to access the macros. Hopefully no one else has this problem, but the simple fix is a fresh set of files! As well, I have a sheet made up with the step by step process on fixing it if anyone needs it let me know! Thanks again!
    "The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd..."
    -Albert E.

Any chance you could elaborate on how to load the Renwips file? I'm attempting to do so on our EC400 and haven't been able to get through to my HFO

Quote Originally Posted by inthebay View Post
    Any chance you could elaborate on how to load the Renwips file? I'm attempting to do so on our EC400 and haven't been able to get through to my HFO
    You should be able to just load them via USB. You do need to have setting 23 Off to load them. But otherwise, they are just regular programs.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebay View Post
    My apologies I did not get the alert that you had posted something, I loaded them on Via flash drive though.
    "The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd..."
    -Albert E.

sounds like someone edited or deleted a 9000 program and turned off the 9000 program lock that is where all your renshaw programs are safe guarded and if that lock is off and someone names a program the same as any 9000 program its over writes the probe programs