586,121 active members*
3,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Sinumerik 810M Ocrim GFA 160 Data Reload Problem

I have lost the machine data during a battery changeout on this machine. I am having problems reloading the data back into the machine with the CD or floppy disk wupplied with the machine. The disk has PCIN as the data in program.
    I have the start up procedure documentation, but still cannot get the machine to reset.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi there. This is Tom. I was helping Abraham with the computer link. This is just to post the process we were able to do with the computer.

I was finally able to get the computer to boot from the floppy drive into DOS. I also had to load a driver for the serial i/o card so it could enable the COM ports in DOS. We were able to upload the 5 files to the device successfully without any interruptions. The DIO icon never disappeared like it was doing while trying to program in a DOS shell in Win 7. I verified communication through the use of an RS232 dongle with status LEDs. We followed the directions the best we could. It was difficult due to being written in another language.

After rebooting the device and followed the directions to the end, we came up to the point where it says to press the "MAIN (LAVORO)" softkey. What button is that? There is no button labeled MAIN (LAVORO). The device now boots to a strange screen with axis parameters and other numbers. The interface is still in a foreign language. It would be nice to get it back to English.

Does anyone know what's going on or what to do now?

Re: Sinumerik 810M Ocrim GFA 160 Data Reload Problem

hi ,

there are 2 sets of parameters 1 for the siemens cnc control part , and 1 for the siemens S5/ S7 unit in the back . that handels al the things like the tool chance and emergency stops ,
    machine related .

that was the case with my machine .

if that is so i hope you made a backup of both

greetings bertus