586,094 active members*
4,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Setting G54, G55, and G56 offsets with the CS

Setting G54, G55, and G56 offsets with the CS

I'm quite new to Gibbscam and i've been having trouble finding out how to set offsets with the CS and Workgroups in Gibbs. I was wondering if anybody could describe it in great detail for me to get a grasp on what has to be done to make the offsets work correctly. I'm trying to use a 2 Vise setup with stops.

Re: Setting G54, G55, and G56 offsets with the CS

Open up your CS. By default there should only be XY plane. I like to relabel it as G54. Create a new CS. Again, label the new CS as G55. With the G55 CS selected, open up your CS pallet located just under the CS tile. At the far left of this pallet, select Change CS Origin. Input the desired position for G55 and hit Do It. Now you have two CS's to work with.

To define which CS is G54 and which is G55 when posting a program, in the CS window, double-click below the WFO (Work Fixture Offset) next to the CS you want to change. Input a 1 for G54 and 2 for G55. For more CS's, follow the same steps. 3 will be G56, 4 is G57 so on up to G59.

Make sure your post processor supports this. We have a couple of post processors that will not post separate WFO's. You mentioned using Workgroups. Workgroups are used to manage geometry. Imagine if you had a complex part where a ton of geometry is required. It would get confusing really quick. Since you're using a two vice setup, you could use one workgroup for your first vice and maybe label it "Side 1" or "Left Vice" and make another workgroup and label it "Side 2" or "Right Vice" Then create geometry to their respective workgroups.

I hope this helps.