586,408 active members*
2,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone from Geelong / SurfCoast?

Hi looking for some DIY'ers for sharing some knowledge at SurfCoast / Geelong area.
    I'm still fighting against my bloody update using servos....
    cheers. :wave:

Re: Anyone from Geelong / SurfCoast?

Hi,
    I'm not far from Geelong and have just started a diy desktop router build.
    If you are still looking to share info checkout my web page and blog for the build.
    Ken Nicholas Nico13 Photography Astro Photo & DIY CNC

Anyone from Geelong / SurfCoast?

Hi MecAut. I'm in Lara. Second machine build. First machine 1200 x 1200 stepper running happily. Almost finished second machine. 1400 x 2500 ac servo driven. What help are you looking for?

Alan

Hi Alan,
    Not wishing to hijack (maybe shouldn't use that word, big brother is watching) MecAut's thread here but as I'm on my first build I'm interested in talking about Mach3 setups before I run my machine for the first time.
    If you've had a look at my web link above you'll see I still have a bit to do before I get that stage. So if you're a Mach3 man and interested I'd like to talk, I'm not far away just out the Ballarat road a short way.

Hi guys,
    Glad to see the replies here, thanks!

I've got issues on my DC servo machine, I can't find the root cause why the motors bump in a random pattern...but this week I start to simplify me setup and see if I can find the root cause.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1PI17tQfQM

I am using:
    Gecko G320x Servo Driver
    MB-02-V6 Breakout board from Homman Design
    Mach3
    72VDC Power Supply
    ESS = Ethernet smooth stepper

I will post more updates by the end of this week. cheers.

Hi Nico,
    What do want to talk about Mach3 setups? screens? I'm happy to support. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico13 View Post
    Hi Alan,
    Not wishing to hijack (maybe shouldn't use that word, big brother is watching) MecAut's thread here but as I'm on my first build I'm interested in talking about Mach3 setups before I run my machine for the first time.
    If you've had a look at my web link above you'll see I still have a bit to do before I get that stage. So if you're a Mach3 man and interested I'd like to talk, I'm not far away just out the Ballarat road a short way.

Thanks, I have a bit to go yet on the construction side of things and then the wiring etc so nice to know that you're willing to help.. Will let you know when I'm getting close to running. Still trying to decide on limit switch and or home switches or both and possibly a second parallel port to accommodate everything so reading up on this as I go along.
    What is the most common when it comes to limit/home switches do you know? I don't want to go overboard but want to protect the machine at least and if it's not too much trouble fit the home switches as well.
    Nico.

Sorry MecAut and Nico13, I'm in Perth at the moment. I'll be back mid Sept. Will make contact when I get back.

Alan

Hi MecAut
    I am in Geelong. Have a Boxford 125 lathe running Mach3, and recently purchased an Extron/Hafco BM 90VCNC mill with Fanuc controller (which I am still trying to get up and running). It would be good to link up.

Hi to all
    I am on the Surfcoast, and also rebuilt a Boxford 125 lathe running mach3 - Great little lathe.
    also have running under mach3, a home made router and a converted HM-46 style mill.

Always good to talk CNC.

P.S. Check out the GSMEE (Geelong Society of Model and Experimental Engineers). We have a growing membership in CNC.

Hi Stutank,
    Nice to know there are some other locals around to talk to. I see you've been on here for a while.
    I now have my router running well after adding an Ethernet Smoothstepper so now just looking at some better software to get more use out of it.
    I still drive my lathe manually, don't use it enought to automate it.
    Cheers
    Nico.