586,110 active members*
3,409 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > v26 Prediter has the wrong machine

v26 Prediter has the wrong machine

I have v 26 and an old anilam crusader m mill. The bobcad software has the correct machine, but when it posts to the editor the machine is wrong. The machine doesn't seem to be getting the code. is this the problem? I'm just getting to play with the software and machine together.
    Van

Re: v26 Prediter has the wrong machine

Quote Originally Posted by van37725 View Post
    I have v 26 and an old anilam crusader m mill. The bobcad software has the correct machine, but when it posts to the editor the machine is wrong. The machine doesn't seem to be getting the code. is this the problem? I'm just getting to play with the software and machine together.
    Van
    Hi Van,
    No, I don't think that would be your issue. In the posted code, the machine "Name/Model" are just hard coded text values that I don't think will do anything for your machine (I think they are intended for use with predator).... See lines 646 and 647 of your post processor.

Although, Inside of V26, the machine selection is much more needed and cause/affect than previous versions (if your coming from something like V24 back).....

If your code is not running, we have to find the error between the generated code and the machine controller to figure out what to change.....

The machine doesn't seem to be getting the code.
    You need to discuss how your sending your code to the machine... It may be a setting on the controller and the "receiving" of what's being sent.... No error's?

Hi BurrMan, No error codes, I'm going to play more with the settings on the machine today. When the program sends to machine, the machine just seems to be waiting, it won't let me change anything on the controller, I have to turn off the controller to start trying to do it over. I'll check back in a couple hours with an update.
    Van

Ok I've had some time to play,still not working but here's what I've done. I down loaded a different post processor that more resembles what I see on my controls monitor. According to predator it's sending. I verified the character set ( AUX 2758 ASC 11), bits per character( AUX 2767 7), parity ( AUX 2772 even), baud rate ( AUX 2783 600bps), handshake( AUX 2792 DSR,DTR), then according to my manual i put in aux 2711, enter the auto mode,press 1,search, start. when I do all the above, the machine just sits there, the dwell forever is flashing, no indication of receiving, no error messages etc.
    Any ideas?
    I tried aux 2701 (read from rs232 device) instead of the 2711, same results.
    Help!
    Van