586,119 active members*
3,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Aspire file conversion

I resently got Aspire and and updated my interface to Mack3. how can i convert Aspire file (crv, crv3d) into a mack3 compartible format?

Re: Aspire file conversion

Quote Originally Posted by MirAnd View Post
    I resently got Aspire and and updated my interface to Mack3. how can i convert Aspire file (crv, crv3d) into a mack3 compartible format?
    In Aspire, you import the .crv file (native file format for Vcarve Pro) then use the Tool path function in Aspire to generate a gcode file that Mach3 can use to cut your project. A .crv3d file is the native file format for Aspire. You just open those directly into Aspire.

During setup for generating gcode files you must choose a post processor that matches your machine to Mach3. I use the Mach2/3 ATC Arcs (inch) (*txt) so that the machine stops for manual tool changes. There is a Mach2/3 ATC Arcs (mm) (*txt) post processor if you work in metric measurement.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Re: Aspire file conversion

You need to pick the post processor that your machine uses from the list when you save your toolpath file. If your post processor isn't in the list ( and there are a bazillion of them ) contact vectric and they can create a post processor for you. A post processor is nothing more than a text file that tells your program how to format the toolpath so your machine can understand it. Mach 3 post processors are in the list I'm sure.