586,071 active members*
3,642 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Parts cut in version 19
Page 1 of 4 123

Parts cut in version 19

Is anyone making anything in version 19 yet. I'm thinking about upgrading from 17 but haven't really heard any reviews about 19 yet. Just wondering if anyone is doing any 3d parts yet. Or anything, of any kind in 19.

Hi there,
    I'm in the same shoes, have downloaded 19 and tinkering around with it but I think,
    you are very limited, to what you can do with solids. But then, I'm not an Expert!
    Bobcad phoned me twice, and they are really "Pushy" to sell it!

But in the meantime I have to deal with my new V 18, I have installed a month ago.
    I couldn't get it registered yet,the number they gave me didn't work. I found out later that you have
    to put your numbers in, while bobcad is "open" This I couldn't do because I have 18 installed at home,
    where they couldn't reach me.

I don't know the next step!
    I have E mailed 2 more times with no response.

One thing about V19 demo I really like is, you can Import DXF Files from Bobcad support Forum,
    it automatically comes up in your Demo.

Konrad
    Use a sharp tool & cut cool !

software registration

Konrad,
    If you are having difficulty registering your software, just give me a call at 877-262-2231 ext. 12. We'll get you set up. Sales guys are just doing their jobs.
    Sincerely,
    CNC dude

Thanks CNC dude,
    Everything is fine with V 18. I have registered successfully, after I tried 1 - 800 number.

Let's her from the Experts, what are doing Parts with V 19. [Solids]
    How does the Solids compare, with some other higher ends software like ONE, Mastercam etc.
    Konrad

Hi, Just me again!
    I can't open the Select Entities toolbar, like single, chain, region on window,even tough I have activated all of them in Environment settings. V 18
    Did I forget something??
    Thanks
    Konrad

Toolbars & Experts

Hi Konrad,
    If you have the selection toolbar option selected in the Environment settings, it should be there docked on the far left wall of the screen. Check those settings for me and let me know if the problem still exists.

Please don't compare Version 19 to MasterCAM. That would not be fair. We are working to add functions and modeling options at this time for all V19 customers. This will definately narrow the gap but we are not MasterCAM. It is just a matter of time and money actually, before we are on the same page. I don't know of anyone named "one."
    Sincerely,
    CNC dude

ONE= ONE CNC XP

Thanks for the data mitch. Anyway, back to Konrad, look for some new functionality for the Version 19 in the coming months.
    CNC dude

This will definately narrow the gap but we are not MasterCAM. It is just a matter of time and money actually, before we are on the same page

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hey Paul

Howdy Paul, what's happening man. Time and money.......... At this point, money is good. It's really more like time. We'll get there. I always try to be real with manufacturers that I talk to. We would really like to add a load of new functions for the woodworking industry to tell you the truth. There are so many cabinet makers and sign makers out there that already have earlier versions of BobCAD, we would like to get them some nice functionality that would help them too.
    CNC dude

Hi CNC dude,
    Yes, It's like I said, I have all the Toolbar selected in the Environment settings and nothing appears on screen!
    I don't have that problem in V 17 and Demo 19.
    Konrad

Konrad,
    It is possible that the toolbar is not docked but is behind your taskbar. Lower your taskbar and see if this is the case. I don't know why this was happening.
    CNCdude

OK, toolbar is fixed, Bobcad Support E-mailed me a patch.
    But now I have other problems.....man it takes forever for them to respond!
    This is what I send.
    Dear Sir,
    I have some more problems in regards "Customizing G codes."

Conversion axes on my Maho mill looks like this:
    Y - D
    Z - Y
    D - Z
    J - K

Scale Factor I have set X - 1, because X plus have to become minus.
    Now here is the problem:
    In the G2 , G3, it looks like this X -.5 Z 0 I -.5 K 0 K-1
    So I have K-1 what I don't need!
    Can you tell me please how to fix it.
    When I set X-1 in the scaling factor, it will not safe it , it will go back to X1 by it self!

Could you please make me a proper Post for my Maho mill, I did convert an existing one for now, but it's just not the "real thing"
    Thanks
    Konrad

Re: Parts cut in version 19

Originally posted by Arch
    Is anyone making anything in version 19 yet. I'm thinking about upgrading from 17 but haven't really heard any reviews about 19 yet. Just wondering if anyone is doing any 3d parts yet. Or anything, of any kind in 19.
    I started with 18 and also have 19 upgrade. I have trained on 18 with the manual and CD ROMs and the 19 upgrade is not too hard to figure out. I heard from BobCad that 17 and 18 are different and 18 is a much better product.

I haven't made anything with 18 yet, but I have used 19 to make my part. It contained many solid pieces 'unioned' and 'stitched' together. Unfortunately, when I try to offset the surface, BobCad errors out and shuts down. I don't know why this occurs, but I believe it can't handle the amount of solids (over 75) I have on a single drawing.

So now I am breaking the drawing apart and doing it over in two halves. The software is working with this method a bit better, but I will have to combine the drawing again for the finish pass - so I will be waiting to see what happens with that!

If the error I was getting was related to drawing size or surface and solids amounts, I wish BobCad would have some sort of software resources counter that warns you when the drawing contains too much surfacing detail and that you should break it up into separate drawings.

When you generate the 'solids' tool path, you don't have the choice of where the starting point is after the move away from X0 Y0. It seems to always go to the bottom right hand corner of the path.

When my part is finished, I will try to clip an image of it to this discussion group.

V19 offset

Hi Stanleyr,
    I would be interested in having a look at your model or surface file to see for myself what is happening. Is it possible for you to email me this file? If so, email it to [email protected]. I would be happy to evaluate the part and give you the information that you need. If there is a bug or problem with the function, we will get it to the right source for the fix. Thank you.
    CNC dude

Technical support for BobCAD-CAM software

Dear Konrad,
    This is not the right forum for BobCAD Technical Support. My technical support personel do not monitor this forum for support issues. I monitor this forum because I care about your success with our software. Please contact support directly at 727-489-0003. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
    Thank you,
    CNC dude

Noticed CNCdude posted some pics of parts being cad drawings in an earlier post.

I'd like to see some parts machined via V19 too.

Cheers, Paul.

Parts Machined with BobCAD Software

Hi Paul,
    I am producing specific case studies that can be accessed on our website at www.bobcad.com. These studies include pictures of parts that have been made with the BobCAD-CAM software. I will be adding more case studies soon.

If you have a part that you have finished with the software, share it with us. I would be happy to see what you did.

Sincerely,
    CNC dude

Howdy CNCdude,

Yep i would really like to see some parts via V19. See what success people are having with it.

We'd recently purchased bobcad-cam V17 & 18 off an unhappy customer.
    Currently just having a fiddle, though the guy we purchased it off said there was a patch for V18 that was being modified etc, which since seems nothing has eventuated. Only the release of V19, so i am wondering whether the patch for V18 has been scrapped or not?

Have had a squiz at V19 via the demo and am reluctant to purchase at the moment. Probably will wait to see what V20 has to offer.

Cheers, Paul.

OK Paul

Sounds fine Paul,
    I'd like to know who this unhappy cuatomer was so that I can get things cleared up. Anyway, We did issue a patch for V18 some months ago and it is available for download. If you have any questions regarding your demo I am available.
    CNC dude

Page 1 of 4 123