586,655 active members*
3,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everyone

We are using Solid Cam for several years now and we are quite satisfied with it, part from the simulation of the programs.

To get a quick overview how the machine is running “tool path on CAD model” is completely satisfying. However with more complex parts we often look at it with “Solid Verify”. I think that works pretty bad though. Only the particular end points are approached. The path in-between that the drill/cutter goes is not visible. When showing it with “play” in the simulation, it only give a short look and then the fun is over again … =(

With other CAM programs for only a few hundred Euros, one is already able to see a fluid simulation in real time. Does that also work with Solid Cam or we simply don’t know how?! I have tried all of the different Simulation types.

Here a short example for a competitor’s software- that’s how it should look like! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZPff-ZMFE...Yuau0ghrIz9sj8=

Regards

Why is it so important to see a fluid simulation?
    It does work…you can choose in any job “arc trough lines with tolerance”
    But I only use that to display particular jobs in a clear way….
    However I would never create a NC program with a tick in that box.

1. The NC gets incredibly large
    2. It can create a proper “hack and slay” on several machines and that affects the axes.
    I don’t know if anything has changed in 2012. But I don’t really need that.

„I don’t want to simulate… I only want to mill“

So tell me again why do you really need it?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by langhubmalle View Post
    Hello everyone

We are using Solid Cam for several years now and we are quite satisfied with it, part from the simulation of the programs.

To get a quick overview how the machine is running “tool path on CAD model” is completely satisfying. However with more complex parts we often look at it with “Solid Verify”. I think that works pretty bad though. Only the particular end points are approached. The path in-between that the drill/cutter goes is not visible. When showing it with “play” in the simulation, it only give a short look and then the fun is over again … =(

With other CAM programs for only a few hundred Euros, one is already able to see a fluid simulation in real time. Does that also work with Solid Cam or we simply don’t know how?! I have tried all of the different Simulation types.

Here a short example for a competitor’s software- that’s how it should look like! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZPff-ZMFE...Yuau0ghrIz9sj8=

Regards
    Hello,
    Why not using MachineSimulation?
    Without the machine housing and verification mode on, you see a more fluid motion. And you can stop simulation at any time, or play back a few steps...
    Regards,
    Hans Peter