586,032 active members*
3,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Equations in assemblies

Question Equations in assemblies

Hi there.

Can anyone help me with this:
    How can I add equations to the mates in assemblies? e.g. if I want to be a distance mate dependant on another distance mate... The tutorial says just to write these equations through the add eq. command but this only works for parts.. Am I doing something wrong or where is the problem.

Yeah... I'm using SW 2003..

thx

Not sure about 2003, but in the later models you can put your standard distance mate in, then go back in the feature tree and double click the mate, the dim will show up in the graphics window, click the radio dim on the side [to link dim's or add a equation] and add the equation. You can also just go up to the tools menu, add an equation.. then you click the double click the first mate, select it in the graphics screen,it will appear in the equations line, set it = to the second or whatever your equation is.. and off you go on your marry way

Jerry [this applies to 2006, but I can't garrentee it applies to 2003.. but its worth a try]
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)