586,106 active members*
3,115 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bobcad to fanuc 3m

bobcad to fanuc 3m

I have a question i have a fanuc 3m machine and bob cad v 21 can somebody give some info on pin hook up and the baud rate on this old fanuc machine thanks tony [email protected]

I replyed to your other post. Here is the Link

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22770
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thank you for the help it has help some if you have anymore info i would appreciate it thank you Tony

I took the liberty of posting a thread for you in the BCC forum. This will get someones attention :cheers:

Here is the Link

http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/...=9918#post9918
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

the bird put this link up from bobcad site at tobyaxis request http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/...read.php?t=799

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    the bird put this link up from bobcad site at tobyaxis request http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/...read.php?t=799
    Thanks for the Post Mike :cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gpestarters
    I have a question i have a fanuc 3m machine and bob cad v 21 can somebody give some info on pin hook up and the baud rate on this old fanuc machine thanks tony [email protected]
    Sent you the email :cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I Think i am Going To Repharse My Question i Think i Have The pin location Right Now I Dont Think Iam In tHe Right area In the Fanuc 3M Machine I think? Are you supposed to Be in The Edit Section For Of The MDI Section To Recieve My Data If Anybody Can Help I would Appreciate ThAnks tony. [email protected]

You have to be in edit mode on the program page last I used a Fanuc control. Been using Mazak, Acromatic, and Haas lately. Does your machine control have a CRT or X Y Z digital readout. Some of the older machines are like this. This are a huge PITA.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

We Have a CRT And We Have been Doing It In The Edit side But It Just Dont Seem To Be responDing Or Taking info Thanks tony

Put control in Edit Mode, then use the scrole keys Left/Right on out sides of the CRT. Find a window in which you can enter a program Number (O0001) and look for Punch or Read. It has to be there somewhere at the Bottom of the CRT Screen. Can you post a picture of the control for me to see. It will aid me in helping you. Like I said before it has been a while. Also Look for a Hard Key with the word "TAPE" above it. Your machine more than likely has an old Tape Reader. The Word "Tape" represents the Program.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

in program # first is letter "O" not a zero it should look like O0001

Also, on most Fanuc controls when the machine is ready to receive the transfer the screen will blink 'LSK'.

This might help?

Ok guys now i have a different alarm of O87 Instead of O86 Now guys i think iam on the right track please any info would help thanks.TONY

with out machine manual it's hard to say what that alarm is do you have manual with alarm codes

no not really thats what iam waiting for from overseas for two months because its getting kind of redickalous thanks Tony

at this time you may want to start a new thread with title line "Fanuc 3m alarm O87 what is it"

Exclamation

Call Fanuc on the Phone. I beleive they are still in Georga. They can tell you what that Alarm is. More than likely for Free if you get the right guy on the Phone.

http://www.fanucamerica.com/fa_home/home.asp

They have locations in Chicago Ill. as well.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com