586,117 active members*
3,388 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Blum laser macros

Our machine has a BLum laser pickup. I was wondering if anyone here is familar with writing macros for checking tool wear and breakage. I understand and I feel very comfortable with using the laser for tool pickup (which inturn places all the tool length info into the tool page), but I get alittle stuck when trying to write a program to check a tool for wear in my program. Would anyone have an example as to what it might look like??

Basically a program form the office that I would run looks like..

0 BEGIN PROGRAM BRAD INCH
    1 TOOL CALL 1 Z S8000
    2 CALL PGM TEST.H
    3 TOOL CALL 2 Z 10000
    4 CALL PGM TEST-1.H
    5 CALL PGM TEST-2.H
    6 L M30
    7 END PGM BRAD INCH

now, I want to run the laser to check the tool between lines 4 and 5.....to make sure the tool diameter is still correct. a Subprogram maybe??

thanks for any info..

Bubbles..

P.s. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong spot... I didn't see anything with lasers..

Hi,

When writing/editing your program you can insert automatically a BLUM measuring macro by pressing the TOUCH PROBE softkey, then press the arrow softkey on the right side of the control panel to access the second level menu, there will be a softkey BLUM, press it and you will acces to all BLUM subroutines (preset length and radius, tool breakage detection, single cutting edge control...). The graphical interface should help you to understand the parameters you have to fill in. It will insert in your program the corresponding subprogram call. For example:

TCH PROBE 584 TOOL LENGTH,TOOL RADIUS
    Q350=0 ; MEASURING MODE
    Q351=0 ; MEASURING SCOPE
    Q352=1 ; CUTTING EDGE CONTROL
    Q355=-1 ; SPECIAL FUNCTIONS
    Q361=3 ; NUMBER OF MEASUREMENTS
    Q362=0.01 ; DISPERSION TOLERANCE
    Q359=0.03 ; ADD. LENGTH COMPENSATION
    Q360=0 ; ADD. RADIUS COMPENSATION

One last thing, you did the right choice with BLUM laser,

LaB

Okay.,,,,

I don't know if I am gogin about this all wrong, or just making this more complicated then it really is.

heres my program....

0 BEGIN PGM TEST INCH
    1 TOOL CALL 30 Z S15000
    2 TCH PROBE 584 TOOL SETTING L,R ~
    Q350=0 ; MEASURING MODE
    Q351=0 ; MEASURING SCOPE
    3 L X0 Y0 Z12 FMAX M3
    4 CALL PGM TBFCR2.H
    5 TCH PROBE 584 TOOL SETTING L,R ~
    Q350=-2 ; MEASURING MODE
    Q351=0 ; MEASURING SCOPE
    9 ??? Now at this point, if the cutter exceeds the wear tollerance or is broken, tool change to the replacement tool which I allocated in my tool page, and rerun the maching program... How do I incorporate this into my program. like this??? I was looking in the laser book and I think it may now have somehting to do with the Q116 or Q115 values.... but in the blum book (the laser manufacturer) it refers to Q199...... confused.... you bet!!!
    10?
    11?
    12?
    18 end pgm test inch

thankyou for the reply... and any more help you or anyone can offer...

P.s. LAb, i didn't mean to miss lead you inregards to me not knowing how to use the Blum laser, the softkey on the control, and the different cycles they offer for checking the tools. I am stuck at getting the control to rerun a program with a replacement tool. Needing wither to use Q paramters or using a Marco....... this thread kinda carries over to a slight over view of my needs (lol)

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22176 (half way down the page)

are u familiar with this???