586,113 active members*
3,252 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Eia Iso Not Working

does any 1 no any way to easy check in the parameters etc to see if i have this option.

I dont want to use mazatrol i would like to write the programs in G code.

Im not sure on the cost if its not already on the machine or even if its a option at the moment.

m32-t2 and a 640m i think the controlls are.

cheers

EIA/ISO is an option on all newer mazaks. To check, push the MNT button , then the version soft key EIA will be highlited in yellow on the m32 if you have the option. On the 640m, push the diagnos. soft key then version, then option softkey. EIA will be highlited in black if you have the option. As far as cost...$$$$$$$!

A.J.L.

k k i checked on one of the machines and the EIA is highlighted good so far.
    I am using the mazacam software for tranfering progs. i have wrote a simple prog just to see if i can send it to the machine and see what happens.

%
    01(test)
    G97S500
    M30
    %

When i try to send this all i get is errors miss conected etc.

i am using the same method as if i was sending a .bin file i have named the file .eia

i go to cmt>nc select prog 1 and send but no joy.

Any suggestions or do u think i dont have the option? and its just highlighted by mistake?

thanks

If it's a 640, try taking away the percent sign at the top of the program and resend it. Just a thought, I had to change post processors between the 640 and the Mplus and it surprised everybody.

George

If it's highlited then your machine has the ability to run an eia/iso (g-code) program, as well as a mazatrol prog. Is what your asking, "how to transfer data to and from the machine control"? If so, both the machine control and the pc must be set-up to do this, i.e. parameters such as baud rate, stop bits, etc. all must be set the same. In the pc software and the machine control parameter area. Also the " % " sign is typicaly used to start and stop data transfere, and is usually req'd.

the machine transfers fine when i use a mazatrol program just does not seem to want to transfer the above program ive changed baud rates etc, it just keeps alarming out.

I will keep on trying. cant wait to get away from mazak!

Check your book, the settings for EIA/ISO may differ from the ones for mazatrol prog's. And I'm not sure if it matters or not, since you can transfer mazatrol but is your cable correct. What is the alarm no.?Also on the 640m controls you may have to use only a 4-digit O**** line. There is a parameter for switching btwn. 4-digit and 8- digit " O ". Our 640's won't transfer, because of our software, when set on 8-digit.

I just asked the mazak service man, he's here, and he said theres alot of variables, and that it's probably NOT the cable, or settings, such as baud, etc. so look at the files them selves. Try it without the % sign at the begining, or with or without an extension like .eia or .txt Also check the " O " line digits as I mentioned before.

Smile

cheers for the help i am getting cmt connection error 515 or if i move the cable over to the tape puncher side i then get tape reader error. i have looked at the manuals and it looks like i have 4800baud 2 stop bits the normal stuff i have all this set in the program so not sure what else i can do i have tried it with and with out the %.

Done it got it working how much of a pain in the arse is that.

to tranfer mazak progs i need the cable plugged into the cmt/dnc port on the machine to send g code i have to move it to the tape port.

For any 1 else trying this in the end i had to have O0001 NOT 01 % had to be in and load tape-nc not cmt-nc

cheers for all the help ppl

Congrats. Just wait until you get to set-up a system that is automatic. The type that uses a call prog. etc. so the operators on the floor just downlod their files them selves, as well as sending them back.

Thats next the only reason im going through this cause we want to get all the machines talking to the server and then introduce a cam package.

Oh joy

We use AutoDNC but i dont know the software manufacture i'll let you know in the am when i get to work.

If you are using the Mazacam system, they now have a remote request feature in their software for uploading/downloading programs.