586,533 active members*
2,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CAM software

CAM software

I joined this forum wanting to progress my knowledge of machining so I can eventually put myself into a better position. I have spent the past four years as a set up operator on many different machines mostly Haas and Fadal. Over these past few years I have picked up on the codes and started processing everything. Now I want to learn to program. At the shop I'm at now we put everything in manually, and I think there is a more efficient way to do this (like using CAM software). I was wondering if there are tutorial versions of any CAM software that I can learn with, no I am not trying to get pirated versions.

As to any help on how I can further my career as a machinist would be greatly appreciated.

How much are you will to spend?

If you willing to spend up to $1200 then Bobcad, Camsoft, Rihno ... name of few. They all pretty good, you got to remember you get what you are pay for.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Here is your cad,

http://download.rhino3d.com/rhino/4....tion/download/

and here is your cam.

http://www.madcamcnc.com/start_page.html

The Rhino has 25 saves and the Madcam is timed. If you are only doing 3 axis both of these can be bought for less than $1500, but the beauty is, download them and learn on them before you ever buy!

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Thanks for the links I will definately give these a try. I know eventually I will need to invest in software to do this, but for now I am just trying to learn. The shop I work at puts everything in manually so I want to learn and show that this can be more efficient. Hoping that the owner will invest in some good software, or go to a different shop with some CAD/CAM programming experience.