586,080 active members*
3,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > I need programmer / cnc custom application developer, work from home, one project

I need programmer / cnc custom application developer, work from home, one project

I need someone that want to make some money developing a simple program custom application, the application needs to convert a vector file from coreldraw into instructions to control a machine that I'm developing, the machine will notch, cut and bend aluminum strips to form custom shape boxes, the machine is not functional yet and the design is still open so it would be easy to adapt to be compatible with such application.

if you think you can help contact me at [email protected]

So you basically need a post processor or an older Q-basic program, right? Wow, that's alot of converting and mapping. I would say you probably need to find a local "Computer Geek" that can write basic language. Hope this helps.

programmer

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzman
    So you basically need a post processor or an older Q-basic program, right? Wow, that's alot of converting and mapping. I would say you probably need to find a local "Computer Geek" that can write basic language. Hope this helps.
    Yes, actually I can use visual basic or similar to create the application, what I need is someone that creates the algorithm that converts from a vector file to instructions that the cnc bender and notcher can interpret, like where to notch and where to bend, specially in the calculations where the angle of the bends need a different angle notcher or different angle bend

Quote Originally Posted by stevelang
    Yes, actually I can use visual basic or similar to create the application, what I need is someone that creates the algorithm that converts from a vector file to instructions that the cnc bender and notcher can interpret, like where to notch and where to bend, specially in the calculations where the angle of the bends need a different angle notcher or different angle bend

Hmmm... sounds interesting. What might help people to decide if this is something they can/want to do would be to provide a sample CorelDraw file that shows something like what you'd be wanting to do and somewhat specific instructions on how you'd envision a program going about making that CorelDraw file. For instance, if you need a box cut out of a rectangle and then folded then you'd:

1. Load a rectangular sheet
    2. Cut notches out for corners or slices for flaps
    3. Fold main body of box
    4. Fold flaps in

Something like that. It's somewhat difficult to envision exactly what you want to do yet w/o any machine for reference or detailed description.

What it sounds like want you want to do is interesting. It would be cool to be able to make custom boxes automatically with a machine.

file

I have a pdf file explaining what's needed

app dev prog

I've ben around a few blocks, seen the things done, there probably is an application existing already. Please allow me to see your PDF information.
    Thank You
    Been doing this too long

what kind of file formats are you working with

"the machine will notch, cut and bend aluminum strips to form custom shape boxes,"
    Did you happen to see the machine Trumpf has?
    It has and is being done now. Fantastic machine although $600k price.
    Been doing this too long