586,094 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Limit switches for XYZ axis

I have a Bob Campbell breakout board and I'm using a two wire limit switch for each axis.

Where do the wires plug. I see home and limit connectors on the board with a (sig, grd,+12v) screw terminal on each.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you look at the PDF manual on site?

Connect the switch between and the +12V and Sig. use a N.C. switch and in software set it so when the contacts open it trips E-stop or limit. This way if you have a bad connection latter you will fix it before the machine slams in to the end stops if you have any.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCNC View Post
    Did you look at the PDF manual on site?

Connect the switch between and the +12V and Sig. use a N.C. switch and in software set it so when the contacts open it trips E-stop or limit. This way if you have a bad connection latter you will fix it before the machine slams in to the end stops if you have any.
    Thanks.

I ask Art about just connecting all my limit switches in series and plugging into the Estop (jumper area). He said that would work, too.

But what I gather you are saying is that I could connect individually each limit switch (two wires) one the 12+ pole and one to Sig pole and achieve the same result.

Correct me if I'm off course here.

Thanks.