586,106 active members*
2,941 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Processing with MasterCAM

I’m an engineering student in Michigan and I recently started working for A pool cue builder.

I have lots of experience with CAD programs such as Pro-E, Solidworks, Catia, etc. I’ve just started using MasterCAM X to help him with his new CNC Router. He has always done everything using templates, so the computer aspect is fairly new to him. I know G-Code pretty well, and MasterCAM is seemingly easy to use. The problem I am having is post processing to his Shop Sabre CNC Controller. I have found a generic post processor in the software, but haven’t had any luck. I can get an .NC file generated, but haven’t had any luck opening it on the controller.

Do you have any suggestions for me on how to get the post processing operations running? Keep in mind I have some experience with hands on CNC work and general Programming, but using the software is new to me. I’m easy to pick up new things, though.

Thanks for your help,

Andy.

What type of file does the controller accept. I save all my Mastercam files as a .G and have not had any problem.

Open the .NC file with something like Notepad - see if the code includes lines 'your' mill doesn't like? Manual edit the .NC to line up with the codes expected??

Things to check

Did you try to shorten the length of the file name? When you are typing in the name of the file are you including the file extension (eg. *.NC) The problem is probably one little thing in the format of the file name. Hope you figure it out.