586,075 active members*
3,966 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Data transmission Fanuc series 0-M
    Hello everybody

I have the following problem:

Machine: Chevalier VMC 2025
    Controller: Fanuc Series 0-M

I am trying for a while now to load programs from a computer onto a machine. Machine and PC are connected over the parallel cutting point ( COM- connection) ( cable length 10 m)

However I can’t save programs from the machine on the computer, nor can I upload program from the PC onto the machine. I have tried it according to the Fanuc manual- without success. In the manual they only explain how to connect Fanuc specific memory media with the controller.

Do you have to change the parameter before you can gain access to a computer?

Many thanks in advance

best wishes
    Harry

Hello,
    You know that you need a data transmission software?
    gruß Klaus

Hello,
    You know that you need a data transmission software?

Yes, i know... I use NC link from ‚one CNC‘…
    I guess the parameters are the problem…
    However I can’t change them at the moment…

Try this:

That’s what is written in the file Dos.cnc parameter and works with Fanuc OT and Mitsubishi controllers.

Hello
    I am not sure but don't you need a crossed RS232 cable???
    I think I remember that my ex boss used to do it like that.
    Regards
    Christian
    <!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Der Vorteil der Klugheit besteht darin, daß man sich dumm stellen kann.<br />Das Gegenteil ist schon schwieriger.<br />Kurt Tucholsky <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><br /><br />GRUß<br /><br />HOLZSCHNELLER CHRISTIAN<br /><br />Mori Seiki <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->NV5000 α1B/40<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> // <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->NMV5000<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->// hyperMILL// HSMWorks // Fanuc 31iA5

Yes, there was something like that …
    The electrician also had to braze a cable before it worked. But I don’t know what he did.
    With one machine we even had to get a service technician to change the parameter.
    The parameter that I posted earlier are present in the a file of the PC software.