586,117 active members*
3,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question backing up plc program of tnc155

hi everbody,
    i want to backup the plc program of tnc155 controller,can somebody guide me to do that please.which soft i must use ,i have a soft named tnc155 version6, but i dont any option to receive data from plc (there i see only transfer command),
    also please guide me to create marker and io reference listing for plc program,please.
    thanks in advance.
    :drowning:

You don`t need to back up the plc programme as it`s burned on to an eprom,so can`t lose it.What you can do is set a parameter that loads the plc programme into ram and you can edit it there and run the control from it but you can`t save it.
    You can download the plc manual from the Heidenhain website and it tells you how to write the programme but very,very few people actually do it.It`s easier to quote the plc code to Heidenhain and get them to supply the eprom.About $150 roughly.

hi grindley,
    thanks for your reply,but don't you think it is easier to save the plc program and parameters in a storage like hard disk and use it to reload the program to the cnc controller when it is lost (because of battery run out or controller defection,...).this is simpler than rewriting the plc program everytime it is lost.

Battery loss does not affect plc programme as it is burned on to an Eprom.You can remove the Eprom and put it back in one year later and the plc programme is still on it.

Looking for PLC for TNC 155

Hello there, I noticed you were talking about a TNC 155 PLC, I have lost mine since the EPROM is not working and the Ram got deleted because of empty batteries. Is there anyone who could download the PLC on his machine and send it to me via email?? Thanks alot

Marco

The plc programme is only applicable to a certain make and model of machine which is configured in a certain way.
    The only way to be sure of the programme is to have the code number.The eprom may have a number on it which might be recognised by Heidenhain who can then burn you a new eprom.
    How did you lose the plc programme?

Lost PLC

Hey there, and thank for the quick response. It seems that the EPROM is burned out or something. I tried to start her up in RAM mode, but that didn't help at all since it was empty. I contacted the machine manufacturer in Germany this morning and they confirmed what you said, all they need is the number on the EPROM and they can burn me a new one.

Thanks alot.
    MArco

Hey Marco,glad you got sorted.
    Does Heid not have support in the States?
    You can only get the plc programme in the ram if the eprom is good and you change the parameter that loads the plc programme into ram and boots up from there.It`s use is mainly for machine builders etc to edit the plc programme to try different things and any changes can`t be saved to eprom.Once a plc programme has been proved in ram you can then give it to Heid to burn the eprom for you.