I have a Tree VMC 1260 E 4 axis machine and it has a Dynapath Delta 50 controller on it, and I am very new to CNC machining. The machine isn't up and running yet, but has been seen under power before bought. The X axis bearings were pretty bad, so those I have replaced. Overall the machine seems very well built and has good servo motors from what I understand. Yazakawa?

I am wanting to digitize, with a probe, cylinder heads. I'm concerned that the Dynapath will run out of memory. Also, I want to make new cylinder heads. I have SolidWorks and BobCAM as of now. I have looked into Mach3 retro, but I have had a guy tell me that the Dynapath will be ok, and to not change it since it still works. I have looked into a Mach3, Centroid, and Ajax retro's, but then got confused. I don't know too much about G-Code and don't really want to, but it looks like that's inevitable. I have read a little about drip feeding and that doesn't seem to be too stable. I could be wrong though...

So the question is, what to do? Do I keep the Dynapath? Or will I be way ahead to upgrade it now? If it is better to upgrade, what retro should I go with?

Thanks in advance! And if you need any more info please let me know!