586,076 active members*
3,740 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    I have a little problem with the above-named cycle. On our nostalgia CNC turning machine in school, the cycle doesn’t work as it should do.
    The error message ‘for cutting radius compensation + oversize contour too small’ always comes up.
    There is enough space on the low point available. (2x ( width of cutting edge – corner radii).
    The contour only has one low point. The radii in the contour are designed so that the tool radius is smaller than the work piece radius.
    The starting point was approached correctly. No G57 was programmed.

The school documents are not very informative and there is only one teacher that knows how to use this controller- and he doesn’t have an answer to my problem.

I really depend on your help.
    Many thanks in advance smile.gif

Kind regards

Benedikt

Hello and welcome in the forum!
    Something went wrong here, what cycle do you mean?

Regards
    Michael

Hello

Were all the following points considered?

•G862 cycle cut-in contour along Z

•Z= coordinate where the programmed contour of the cut-in begins.

•The starting point (block before G862) and ending point (block after G80) of the contour need to have the same Z value.

•The starting point in X needs to be at least around the cutting radius before the contour.
    (incorporate G57)

•The X value in block before G40 has to be smaller than the X value in the block before G862.
    Eine Schraube ohne Gewinde ist ein Nagel<br /><br />Grüsse aus dem Harz - InTex<br />