586,471 active members*
3,377 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

dyna cnc plasma cutting

we have a dynacnc table. having some issues. we are new to this and had read alot on here before buying this table. table seems to be good quality. pm me for details on why i would not recommend anyone buying one. aside from that needing some help on why parts are being cut like the pic below. also have bobcad, sheetcam, and mach3 1.84.002. when we design a circle or square in bobcad, open drawing in sheet cam, create cutpaths and set up machine and material, why does the circle look ok until you zoom in and you see some rough lines. when it cuts it cuts good except the rough lines that you saw in sheet cam. square is the same way. we have not cut a good clean to specs circle or square yet. seems also that when cutting a square, the cut leads out before it cuts all of the material and leaves a sharp point. also mach 3 seems to lock down computer when trying to open sometimes. have to manually turn computer off and turn back on. we are willing to pay through paypal to someone who would take the time to contact us by phone for some technical assistance. we are way behind with this machine and need to get up and running alot better than it is right now. any info is greatly appreciated.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...dynacnc009.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...dynacnc008.jpg

...not to ask the obvious, but why can't DynaCNC help?

If the circle looks rough in SheetCAM, it's probably the file coming from BobCAD. CAn you post a .dxf that's causing the problem?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

here is one from omax. not sure if that is how to post it up. if not someone tell me how.
    thanks for the info.

Circle is definately round. Can you post the g-code your getting from that .dxf?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21
    Circle is definately round. Can you post the g-code your getting from that .dxf?
    i will be at the machine today and i will post it up. thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthDumpKits
    ....crossing DynaCNC off my list.
    pm me if you want my opinion on one to buy if you are looking. i will give you all the details you need on the machine we have and some that we went and looked at in person before making our decision.

Wink DynaCNC WORKS FOR ME!

Quote Originally Posted by fastimes
    our experience with dynacnc would be equivelent to buying a new car from ford and the transmission taking a dump on you the day you get it home and them trying to explain to you over the phone how to remove it, repair it, and work out the bugs, instead of having you send it back or coming to you to repair it if there were no such things as dealers. problems happening out of your control and them taking their time about helping after they have your money

Briliant comparison: I am sure everyone knows that the DynaCNC company is not as large a company as Ford. I am sure everyone knows that DynaCNC does not have the financial resources of Ford. I am sure everyone knows that DynaCNC does not have local dealers all around the United States. I know for a fact that GM, Ford, and all the BIG Auto Manufacturers personally send out repair techs to fix my car everytime it breaks down. Yea...right! The last time my Ford broke down they were there, on site, within 3 hours, and fixed my car for me. Yea...right! They already had my money too. I know they paid to have my car towed to the dealer to repair it.....yea right!
    Gee, do ya think any of the other CNC companies do the kind of business Ford does? Ok, Maybe GM but certainly not Ford. :violin:

and certainly we all know that Ford, GM, Microsoft makes a perfect product. Has anyone had an problems with XP? Any patches needed? How about that BIG recall on Firestone Tires?

You really have to be kidding: "To much of a hassle to call them for help"?

It sounds to me like DynaCNC honored their warranty and sent you the replacement parts as they say they will do. As far as I can tell their tech support line is still in service and the tech support posting on their web site still works.

Lets hear it for DynaCNC and how they DO honor their warranty! The responsible people know that DynaCNC takes care of them as promissed.
    They have taken very good care of me as a customer!

DynaCNC Delivers!

Sid

hey sid. how about your phone # please and i will tell you exactly why i am pissed off. if your so smart about dyna cnc maybe i need to pay you to help us. at this point i don't care who i pay or who it is, i need answers and need them fast. if you call steve at tech or dave and ask them about me they will probably tell you exactly why i am down on them right now. maybe it is because it took 2 1/2 months to get it after was told that it would be here in 4 to 5 weeks. but they had our money up front. maybe it is because we had to send all the wiring from control box to motors back to let them work on it. maybe it is because like i stated in the other post that we have had the machine in our possession for 2 months and just got to use it 7 days ago. i will tell you this. we don't know that much about cad or cam programs but dave himself told me over the phone that an idiot could learn how to use this machine in 3 months. so we are coming up on month 3 buddy and 2 of them were trying to get the machine to move properly. sounds like that maybe you might know them alittle. if so tell them about me and my problem and they will be happy to explain my anger. i didn't want this to be a bash at them but if you and others want to know, here you go. so with that being said if you can help us, i would really appreciate it. if not, gtfo.

GM, Ford, and all the real companies would not hire a cnc programmer or operator until they had proper training to run their equipment. Most of the training takes several months to years. Why do you think you can get it, and understand it, in a matter of a couple of weeks or months?

Anyone that can understand CAD/CAM and CNC operation and programming in a few weeks must be GOD himself. It took me several months of being responsible and taking the time and money to learn what I needed to know to properly program and operate a CNC machine.

Why should I call them and tell them abut you. You do still have a phone and an internet connection don't you? Take the personal responsibility to make this happen and stop blaiming everyone else for your problems. I am very confident that DynaCNC will solve whatever your machine problems are. They can't help you with your learning curve. You have to be responsible for your own learning.

I'm certain Ford gave you driving lessons and a drivers license with the new car you purchased. Because we all know that if you buy a new car Ford is responsible to teach you how to operate it. Yea...right!

Sid

it is obvious you have nothing better to do. i am sitting by my computer, in this thread waiting on info. you are wanting to argue. if your machine is making so much money, why are you sitting beside your computer right now. i can promise you if mine was going like i want it, i wouldn't be. step up to the plate here. put your money where your mouth is. help us, make you some money or leave.
    I took the time and my money to educate myself to operate my equipment. I suggest you do the same. I do not go out and train operators on how to operate equipment. I don't have the time. I have a company to run. That is how I make money.

You need to take the time and money and get trained. All I hear from you is how much you don't know about your equipment, programming, CAD/CAM, and CNC.

I went to professional training to do it right. I suggest you do the same. I have a company to run and this is the weekend. I took today (Saturday) off to get a break and see this un-needed bashing of a company that does not deserve it. At the end of the day, when you are educated, and know how to operate your equipment I am sure you will find the DynaCNC machine you purchased to be a top quality piece of equipment and you wil make money with it.

Short of that I have nothing more to say to you.

Sid

trying to get the gcode ger21. you have a pm also

Quote Originally Posted by PowerCNC4u
    I took the time and my money to educate myself to operate my equipment. I suggest you do the same. I do not go out and train operators on how to operate equipment. I don't have the time. I have a company to run. That is how I make money.

You need to take the time and money and get trained. All I hear from you is how much you don't know about your equipment, programming, CAD/CAM, and CNC.

I went to professional training to do it right. I suggest you do the same. I have a company to run and this is the weekend. I took today (Saturday) off to get a break and see this un-needed bashing of a company that does not deserve it. At the end of the day, when you are educated, and know how to operate your equipment I am sure you will find the DynaCNC machine you purchased to be a top quality piece of equipment and you wil make money with it.

Short of that I have nothing more to say to you.

Sid
    :wave:

ok. now that the trash has been taken out. the main problem i wanted looked at here was, if you look at my pics at the top of this thread why are my parts turning out like this. i just want to know that if the machine if working properly, which i think it is, then it has to be somewhere else. be it sheet cam which we use to create cutpaths, and gcodes, or mach3. i am leaning toward sheet cam now. but just wanted some professional opinions here. not a bunch of garbage about, i can do this and you should know this. i want some help. that is all.

Have you tried posting your question on the Sheetcam Yahoo group? Les is usually pretty quick about looking into things and getting you an answer.

I use Sheetcam for CNC Milling, but I think the majority of the members of the group are plasma operators. I would think you'd have some good luck there - even if it isn't a Sheetcam problem...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dammachines
    Have you tried posting your question on the Sheetcam Yahoo group? Les is usually pretty quick about looking into things and getting you an answer.

I use Sheetcam for CNC Milling, but I think the majority of the members of the group are plasma operators. I would think you'd have some good luck there - even if it isn't a Sheetcam problem...

Dave
    thanks dave. every little bit helps. we will try that. have been doing some research on les and going to try to hit him up now. we feel sure it is a simple problem but just don't know what to do.
    thanks

From what I've seen, it's not SheetCAM, and it's very unlikely that it's Mach3. It could be electrically related to Mach3's step and direction signals (noise on the lines?) , but I'm not sure. Could be a lot of things, but I don't think it's software.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

This may be another silly response. I don't have any experience with a plasma machine but could you part be moving during cutting. It is hard to tell from the pics but it looks like it is towards the end of the cut when the unwanted marks show up? Just trying to help.

Can you rig up a pen or marker to your machine to draw the part out instead of cutting it? You may be able to tell where the problem is better by letting the machine draw it on paper and running at a slow speed. Beside that paper is cheaper than metal.

If the machine is that critical to your business and you are ready to pay for third party support why in the name of John Deere did you not pay them to come out and set it up and give you hands-on training? They have a package for something like 2400 that covers all expenses for two full days. There may well be some mechanical reason you are getting jagged cuts but there can also be dozens of other things that can cause it.

The pictures don't look like toolpath problems and virtually any software will let you cut a square. Circles can get to be a bigger problem. Even the way you do lead-ins/outs in Sheetcam can have an effect.

Here's some stuff to try for free:

Run the jobs with the torch off. If you have to, rig a holder for a pen and run the job on cardboard or paper taped down. If you get smooth circles and good rectangles with the torch off but it goes funky with the torch on and cutting, you may have noise problems from the plasma process. In a lot of cases proper wiring and grounding of the plasma chassis AND the table itself to a good earth ground (rod in the ground within 10 ft of the table) has resolved a lot of noise issues.

If the job runs ragged with the torch off try turning down the velocity and acceleration numbers in the MACH3 Motor Tuning. Drop each parameter by 50% on the X and Y axis motors. If the problem goes away then move the tuning back up until you can start to see the problem then back it off.

If the job runs ragged with the motor tuning lower AND the torch off then look for a mechanical problem. Since its rack and pinion on X and Y, turn off the power and move the gantry and the cross axis by hand on both directions. Make sure there is no binding. You can feel any thing that might be causing a mechanical problem if you have your hands on the moving parts and are the power. It appears the raggedness is on one axis.

If this is your PC and it had other things installed on it in XP or WIN2000 they could be causing jerky movements. You should consider the PC that runs the table to be a dedicated controller that is setup and runs JUST MACH3. Also, it's important that the chassis of the PC not be grounded to the same structure as the table. It should be allowed to find it's ground back through the AC circuit. If it locks up during any process I would suspect some sort of problem with the computer itself.

Calm down a little and let us help you find the problem. Is this servo or stepper?

The DYNACNC machine is an integration of common CNC components. You can get support and service on the components from multiple sources. SheetCAM has an active support group on yahoo and the author answers questions. MACH3 has over 5000 users on it's MACH1MACH2CNC group and you will usually get answers within a few minutes but they need to be about MACH or general CNC problems. A lot of other tables are very closed and proprietary so if the factory can't help you are just SOL.

No, the middle tier of CNC equipment (tables costing less that $50.000) don't have dealers and service departments in various cities and yes, you may have to participate in the troubleshooting. It's not just DYNACNC. None of the vendors will jump on a plane and fix a problem. With some tables it's just poor design and they will never work right for any extended period of time. With DYNACNC, the tables are good designs with quality components (linear bearings, machined Z axis components, Heavy duty drive shafts, keyed pinion gears and large quality motors).

I know you are frustrated but it's not going to help you get your machine setup and running correctly by getting in a verbal dual with list members.

If the free stuff dosen't help and you still feel like you want to pay someone to fix the problem then get your CC ready cause I take MC, Visa and AMex. My rates are:

$65 /hr if you listen and go through the steps to get the answer.
    $85/hr if you argue or can't/won't follow simple instructions
    $100/hr of you just want to *****.

Now for the disclaimer: I design and sell CNC electronics including the PC-to-Control interface (including the THC) that DYNACNC and several other tables use. I know a lot about MACH3, SheetCAM and plasma cutting in general because I own a separate company that does just that: Plasma cutting. (http://www.fourhillsdesigns.com.) Over the past four years I have cut miles of steel and I have seen a lot of the issues and worked through them. I have been helping guys on other lists (and here more recently) get running on whatever machine they have as long as it's not totally proprietary and uses the type components I am familiar with.

ok torchhead. thanks for that info. but let me make something alittle clear on this subject. a few of you seem to be reading alittle more into this then what was said. the reason and main reason i got on here was to let some people that are more experienced in this than i, look at our parts to see if it is a program issue, machine issue, or operator issue. thought that is what this forum was for. as stated in first post, i was not going to express all the reasons for my anger with dynacnc. when powercnc started defending dynacnc, it was his idea to get in a pissing contest. now you stop and think, if he didn't have any intention on helping, then why post. simple. just to start something, because he has nothing better to do. now, reality. i found a thread on here where someone else is bashing dynacnc. don't you think if i gave 2 flips about doing that i would have added to that thread. so as far as calming down, no anger here. just wanted someone who might be trying to get their post count up to try doing it somewhere else. i need info. not mouthing techniques. now, as far as the training deal, yes we have looked into it. but it seems that we have had a harder time trying to get in touch with dave to work something out with us. we just happen to be on the opposite side of the country and he is extremely busy. so we are just trying to get simple answers to probably simple problems without having to spend 2400 for him to fly out and tell us, you have your feedrates off. mach 3 has a forum for help, bobcad gave us 18 months of phone support and about 6 disks of training so now the only thing is with the machine. so would you pay that much for just a few questions that might could be answered on an infomation forum such as this one. i doubt it. but your rates seem fair. just didn't know if they were real or sarcastic. now to answer some of your questions. and trust me, not trying to be a smarta** here but just didn't think all of this would happen over telling the truth and needing some info. we have servo motors. or that is what we were sold. how do you know for sure. the only thing we have noticed about our motors is that the z seems to be pulsing while sitting still and x seems to make a loud buzzing noise after it has had power to it for awhile. we had a line booster problem a few weeks ago on z axis motor and took it off and z works fine except for the pulsing. is that normal. we have the chassis grounded to a ground rod with in 10'. haven't tried the motor tuning because didn't think we would have to since dyna said they cut and ran our table before it left and when we had to send the control box, all the motors, and wiring back and everything went fine there. we have moved the axis by hand several times when we first got it because when nothing worked that is the only way we could see it move. everything moved fine. we have mounted a sharpie in it several weeks ago and the z axis was down, but our circles didn't look all that great then. just figured it was because it was drawing not cutting. the pc is a dell which they recommended all the specs and we bought a brand new one and shipped it to them while the table was being built because they wanted to load all the software themselves to make sure everything went fine. as far as the dealer list goes you stated, i am fully aware there are none. it is just extremely hard for me to believe that they tell us everytime we have called for an issue that it ran fine here. well how does it run fine there when everytime we call they have us change something or say "oh yea you will need to turn this off or this on". wouldn't you think that if it runs fine there that it should run fine here. i would, because that thing came in a crate you could fit a car in. don't see anything going wrong in shipping. don't get me wrong, this is a real nice table. we drove 500 miles away at the first of the year to see a plasmacam run. the guy was extremely great to let us see his operation and did't have any complaints from his machine, but it is a hobby for him and we wanted alittle more so we got on here and found out about dyna. we run a differential and driveline machine shop but use nothing with cnc. now maybe this helps alittle more on what we have. any info is greatly appreciated but i don't think anymore of why this or don't that is needed. just want experience experts with these machine such as yourself giving us some help if anyway possible with our problems and get back what this forum was designed for.
    thanks
    fastimes

Page 1 of 2 12