586,080 active members*
3,662 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

unwanted circles along curve

In my drawing I have a curve, when I simulate the g code I get small unwanted circles along the curve. Im new to this , any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Paul

What software are you using? I had a similar problem using g-code generated using a Mach 3 demo and trying the same code in EMC (AXIS). One used I-J absolute and one used I-J relative (I don't remember which was which)

I am using bobcad and turbocnc. I managed to get the circles out of the simulation in bobcad by changing various g code settings but the circles should up in turbocnc.

Paul

Funky Wackedout Circles on Arc Profiles

In BCC you will have to open the CAM side of the software and select a post processor. Go to Setup>Driver>General and select the way your machine controller uses arcs. Save these setting for that post processor and regenerate your tool path. This will fix that problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails setup for arcs in Bobcad.JPG  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

thanks for the info, I will try to find one that works with turboCNC