586,108 active members*
3,287 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > .dxf graphics files
Page 1 of 5 123

.dxf graphics files

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy .dxf graphics files. Like of people, animals, plants, cars, etc. I am trying to find somewhere that sells them by the set instead of indivual. But I would be interested in either. I found dxfgraphics.com , they have some pretty nice ones. Does anyone know of any other places to buy or download them? Thanks- Robbie
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quality Art Designs for CNC Machines on CD

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRob
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy .dxf graphics files. Like of people, animals, plants, cars, etc. I am trying to find somewhere that sells them by the set instead of indivual. But I would be interested in either. I found dxfgraphics.com , they have some pretty nice ones. Does anyone know of any other places to buy or download them? Thanks- Robbie
    Robbie, try the following link -

Iron Shadows - Quality Art for CNC Machines

Designs by Shawn Bulle are available on CD-ROMs for the following:
    1. Nature and Wildlife Designs for CNC - 70 Wildlife Silhouette Designs
    2. Real Western Designs for CNC - 50 Western Silhouette Designs
    3. Decorative Ironwork Designs for CNC - 60 Classic-style Ironwork Designs
    4. Mimbres Indian-Style Art Designs for CNC - 60 Ancient Indian Art Designs
    5. European-Style Ironwork Designs for CNC - 90 Ornamental Ironwork Tiles, PLUS BONUS Neuschwanstein castle scene
    6. Ocean Life Designs for CNC - 60 Ocean Silhouette Designs

The designs are compatible with "a wide variety of plasma, laser, water-jet, router and vinyl cutting systems." (including Mach2)
    "The designs on each CD come in both dxf (autocad exchange format) and bitmap."

The going rate for each CD currently appears to be $98.00 US.

Check it out,

HayTay
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

I use dover pubishing they have copywrite permission free images on cd This is where I get most of my files to vectorize here a link http://store.doverpublications.com/index.html

Oops! Power went out.

As I was posting, BobCad sells DXF Pictures for $195. You get 5,000 pics. I don't have them so I have no idea how good or bad they are. They have an advertisement on the back of the BobArt ProX CD Box.......
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I just visted dxfgraphics.com and at $4.50 for a dxf I would never pay that for a file

Arrow Dxf $$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    I just visted dxfgraphics.com and at $4.50 for a dxf I would never pay that for a file
    What is the average price you pay now Mike?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I'm a cheap cranberry stained Swamp Yankee. How much do you think I pay?

Have you tried the Open Clip Art Library? Most, if not all, clipart is in .SVG format. You can use Inkscape to convert from .SVG to .DXF format.

Here's a quick sample conversion from this file:
    http://openclipart.org/clipart//logo..._tom_hung_.svg

There's lots of others, and they're open source (free)!

Give it a try!,

HayTay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BPOE_1.png   BPOE_3a.png   BPOE_3b.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HayTay

Here's another sample. This took less than 75 seconds from saving the .SVG image to the Windows desktop to opening the converted graphic in .DXF format with DWGeditor.

Link to original crawfish....SVG file: http://openclipart.org/clipart//anim..._bw_ganson.svg

Pretty nifty,

HayTay
    HayTay

Here the dxf with the .bmp file that I put thought Bobart. Free is nice but Bobart was cheap

Wink Dxf $$$$$???

I'm a cheap cranberry stained Swamp Yankee. How much do you think I pay?

Sharing the same traits I'd say very little to nothing at all.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Here's one that started out as a color clip art image: http://openclipart.org/clipart//anim...ji_park_01.svg

File conversion to .DXF took a little longer due to color but was still less than 2 minutes from download to finish.
    HayTay

... that I put thought Bobart. Free is nice but Bobart was cheap
    Very nice Lakeside, there's very little difference between the two.

By coincidence (see below), I just finished downloading the demo for BobART PRO-X. I haven't even gotten around to installing it. Exactly how "cheap" is BobART?

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis
    As I was posting, BobCad sells DXF Pictures for $195. You get 5,000 pics. I don't have them so I have no idea how good or bad they are. They have an advertisement on the back of the BobArt ProX CD Box.......
    I searched high and low on BobCAD.com and couldn't seem to find any reference to the DXF Pictures or any prices. Is there a secret URL listed on the box or documentation that will allow us to obtain additional info on the 5,000 DXF pics?
    HayTay

It's not a bad program and the price is right. What I like about bobart is 3d profile relief files, attached dxf has a green path for a 1/16 ball mill and the blue is the vectored image. This file took no more than 3 min. I paid $200 for 2 seats of bobart also I have the dxf art to part. Bobcad said they sold out but you may want to call

bobcad downunder (AU) still is selling dxf art to part here a link http://bobcad.com.au/arttopart.php

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay
    Very nice Lakeside, there's very little difference between the two.

By coincidence (see below), I just finished downloading the demo for BobART PRO-X. I haven't even gotten around to installing it. Exactly how "cheap" is BobART?
    if you want send me a e-mail and I'll give you some files for bobart to play with [email protected]

bobcad downunder (AU) still is selling dxf art to part here a link http://bobcad.com.au/arttopart.php
    Thanks for the link Mike. I actually called a BCC rep for these and for some reason he didn't have ant info on them. LOL, after that call the none stop sales calls were comming in for a few weeks. :idea: Wish I had givin a fake name and number of someone I didn't like
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

one time just for the fun of it. I had a bobcad saleman price out like a 10 seat order and then played with them when he would call back. About 2 weeks later I told him that I was nolong in that postion and gave him the number of this other manger that was a pain in the a......

one time just for the fun of it. I had a bobcad saleman price out like a 10 seat order and then played with them when he would call back. About 2 weeks later I told him that I was nolong in that postion and gave him the number of this other manger that was a pain in the a......
    That was very nice of you . Wish I could have been there to see that guys face
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis
    That was very nice of you . Wish I could have been there to see that guys face
    I am a kind person, sometime I wonder what kind?

Page 1 of 5 123