586,655 active members*
3,440 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > .dxf graphics files
Page 4 of 5 2345
    Adobe also has a down load link http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html I use Corel draw. To open SVG and then save as DXF or you will need to save as JPEG or BITMAP for Bobart. With Corel I can also save a wireframe

Lightbulb Ceco.NET - The most complete AutoCAD Block Libraries on CD-ROM

Ceco.NET is offering a "CD that contains more than 3000 AutoCAD symbols, blocks and drawings" for only $89.00 US.

Looking for samples? Check out their AutoCAD Free Symbols. Maybe there is something there that you can use.

Lakeside could probably use a few of them in his whopping 80MB DXF scene/mural.
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

What version of Corel are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Adobe also has a down load link http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html I use Corel draw. To open SVG and then save as DXF or you will need to save as JPEG or BITMAP for Bobart. With Corel I can also save a wireframe

I'm using Corel Draw X3 Grahics suite

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    I'm using Corel Draw X3 Grahics suite
    Corel Draw X3 Graphics Suite... Me, too! Along with IrFanView, InkScape, MS Paint (I know, I know, but for a simple cut and paste it's quick and easy), and a few others depending on what I'm trying to accomplish.
    HayTay

I've order Vectr Art Mega 2 should be here tuesday night. Vector Art did a great job with there EPS file. With Corel saving as dxf they import great into cad system. Mega collection 3 comes out in Jan 07 so I think I know what my late xmas gift will be

CNCRob, Tobyaxis, Lakeside, & others,

Looking for other vector clip-art packages? Try Clipart DeSign. It's vector clipart collection overload!!!
    HayTay

Thanks for the link HayTay. Im thinking of purchasing a couple of their sets once I can get the money saved up and talk my wife into letting me buy them.
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

CNCRob,

Here's a couple of more links for you (and anyone else that's interested).

Digital Art Solutions

onemileup (Flag, Government, Military, Law Enforcement clipart and more!)

I'll post more when I find them.

I hope things are going well for you, and yours!
    HayTay

Thanks again for the links HayTay.

Does anyone know where to find some Halloween dxfs or clipart?
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRob View Post
    Thanks again for the links HayTay.

Does anyone know where to find some Halloween dxfs or clipart?
    I've been sitting on these a few days, been busy, sorry. They're not doing you any good taking up a tab in my browser, so, here they are.

Art by Andy Nortnick - Halloween Clip Art (50 images - $9.99 US)

Art by Andy Nortnick - Halloween Font Pack I
    (10 fonts/dingbats - FREE)
    (check out the dingbats in fonts 5, 6 & 10 - fonts are scalable, hint-hint-nudge-nudge)

Art by Andy Nortnick - Halloween Font Pack II
    (10 fonts/dingbats - FREE)
    (check out the dingbats in fonts 1, 4, 5, 6, 9 & 10 - fonts are scalable, hint-hint-nudge-nudge)

International Signs Online - Halloween Clip Art (5 images - WMF, CDR, EPS format - FREE)

That should be enough to get you started, Robbie.
    HayTay

Thanks HayTay.
    Robbie

I love playing with fonts I never found a use for those symbols fonts that come with windows until I figured out how to cut them.
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

I'm still trying to solve the task of trying to get the best raster to vector that I can. Only my problem is I'm trying to convert photos, as in friends fam etc.. to outline and cross line fill no 2.5d/3d vector art. So far the only software that seems to be doing the trick the best is acme traceART. But even that has a few SMALL!!!!!! problems. Like the fact that it does not give you a depth option, which is all fine and dandy. But regardless of how I open the output vector file. the depth code say in gcode format for example would be just g00 and a return for the next line. nothing after that, but there is code for lifts. When I have a fourteen thousand line gcode file. adding 900 z0 entries is not going to happen. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    I'm still trying to solve the task of trying to get the best raster to vector that I can. Only my problem is I'm trying to convert photos, as in friends fam etc.. to outline and cross line fill no 2.5d/3d vector art. So far the only software that seems to be doing the trick the best is acme traceART. But even that has a few SMALL!!!!!! problems. Like the fact that it does not give you a depth option, which is all fine and dandy. But regardless of how I open the output vector file. the depth code say in gcode format for example would be just g00 and a return for the next line. nothing after that, but there is code for lifts. When I have a fourteen thousand line gcode file. adding 900 z0 entries is not going to happen. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?
    You may want to checkout Mastercam.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I was going to suggest MasterCAM Art which I just got the other day. Haven't had the chance to do anything with it, so I can't give you a first hand review, but the manual looks impressive.

I wish they had a trial crippleware version like Rhino3D or the folks who make photovcarve (another good piece of software) give. I hate to recomend anything that expensive if you can't play with it for a month yourself for free to see if it really fills your needs.
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Robbie, try the following link -

Iron Shadows - Quality Art for CNC Machines

Designs by Shawn Bulle are available on CD-ROMs for the following:
    1. Nature and Wildlife Designs for CNC - 70 Wildlife Silhouette Designs
    2. Real Western Designs for CNC - 50 Western Silhouette Designs
    3. Decorative Ironwork Designs for CNC - 60 Classic-style Ironwork Designs
    4. Mimbres Indian-Style Art Designs for CNC - 60 Ancient Indian Art Designs
    5. European-Style Ironwork Designs for CNC - 90 Ornamental Ironwork Tiles, PLUS BONUS Neuschwanstein castle scene
    6. Ocean Life Designs for CNC - 60 Ocean Silhouette Designs

The designs are compatible with "a wide variety of plasma, laser, water-jet, router and vinyl cutting systems." (including Mach2)
    "The designs on each CD come in both dxf (autocad exchange format) and bitmap."

The going rate for each CD currently appears to be $98.00 US.

Check it out,

HayTay
    Have u tried those files? Work on the Hurco Milling machines?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    bobcad downunder (AU) still is selling dxf art to part here a link http://bobcad.com.au/arttopart.php
    You got one? How is it? Works with the Hurco Milling machines?
    I had download one "Walking Deer" on a disk and load it into the Hurco and press the "Read DXF File" and it did and wow that deer showed up on the screen and all I had to do is get the crosshair to the line of the deer (anywhere) and click on it and boom it program the numbers to let the machine do the art. Wow I was amazed on that and it is the only one I got going. Looking for more to try.

Ralph

dxf very good

Post Totally Free and Easy Quality Vector Art

Just a quick suggestion..! Go to any free font sight or dingbat site... ie.. or any other great font site available.. Search there database for dingbats and themes etc.. lots of fonts like , ships, animals, scrolls are waiting to be converted by your program.. It is easy and at your fingers, to convert "text to graphics"

Also; be efficient, while your there, get stencil fonts so you don't have to seem weld female letter designs (apps to mostly you table cutters... plasma, water-jet, etc..)

For vector some vector art: Try

I will update you with the other sites of mine later.....maybe, lol

Page 4 of 5 2345