586,060 active members*
4,341 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Alarm during Tool Change on Fanuc OM-Model A

Alarm during Tool Change on Fanuc OM-Model A

We are running a Bridgeport 320H with Fanuc OM-Model A control.
    During automatic tool changes the machine alarms out with Y+ OVERTRAVEL (Alarm No. 2014) or SPINDLE ORIENTATION (Alarm No. 2013), sometimes both (i.e. we clear the one, usually Y+ OVERTRAVEL, and the other pops up right away). Additionally, we also occasionally get a VRDY alarm as well as a 4 AXIS DETECT alarm (Alarm Nos. 401 and 444?).

We have changed the spindle orientation board, the limit switches, the encoder, even the program and in-position limits. Nothing has had a lasting solution. In the past, we have changed one of these items and the machine has worked for a few weeks, only to eventually regress back to alarm out every single time. We have experienced the alarm before the spindle even gets to the tool change position as well as after it has changed tools and is returning to the reference point.

What could the problem be?

I do not know the control, but when multiple issues show up, I'd be looking at something common to them all. Be that power sources, ground, cables and open noise suppression devices(RC cubes) if any.

DC