586,082 active members*
3,668 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > HEIDENHAIN > HEIDENHAIN -> TNC > Help! error in the ‘last selected documents’!

Unhappy

Hello guys

Today I wanted to open the ‘last selected documents’ over the soft keys and the following error message came up: ‘file not available’

In the end I found out that several symbols of the file name were messed up.

However in the file manager, the symbols were not switched – so that’s why it’s was not possible to call the file over the soft key ‘last selected document’.

That sounds plausible. But I don’t understand how that can happen in the first place.
    Has anybody had this kind of problem before?

Switching off the controller over the soft key and rebooting it - did not help! Only a complete turn off over the main switch corrected the error – however the list was then completely empty?!

No hints or anything?

Is that an iTNC with 2 processors and windows?
    Or why is there a black commando window in the background?
    Maybe somebody installed something that the controller did not like.

Regards
    cgTNC

Hello
    That is the program manager in the background or... the colour is normally manufacturer-related and set up in the parameter.
    I think the controller only had a little crash and could not display the list of the recently opened documents anymore. I never had that before.

Regards
    V4Aman
    Gruß V4Aman<br /><br /><br />_________________________________________________ _________________________<br /><br />Alle sagten: &quot;Das geht nicht.&quot; Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht, und hat&#39;s einfach gemacht.

@ itnc530-user
    I never had that problem on the iTNC530. I only know such ( display) errors from the old DOS time.. at that time I had a problem with the working memory.. that doesn‘t mean its the same here...
    If I were you, I would contact Heidenhain and ask if that behaviour is known. Simply send them an email .
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.