586,104 active members*
3,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello
    I need your help! I want to send the content of a .tab file automatically to a network printer.
    I should check up many z height positions with a test probe. Then the data is entered into a file within the program. I want that the data is then send to the printer.
    I am using a Heidenhain itnc 530 controller.
    Looking forward to your answers.
    Steve

Hello, I think, in this special case, it's better to contact Heidenhain.

If the "new" machine has a RS-434 V.24 it's may be easier to connect it a old printer and send the data direct from the Program.

thank you for your kind reply and i am very sorry about the translation but i cant seem to find a translator that translate correctly in this forum as nobody ever seem to reply with help in the English forum.
    steve.

Sounds kinda Interesting.

I think, the solution lies in the network folder of the iTNC. I think the file ,that needs to be printed out, must be send to the network folder first.

Otherwise i think, that a foreign machine can't access any data on the iTNC. Now, that the file is saved onto that network folder, it can be accessed from a foreign machine. However, you have to look, if it's possible to command the iTNC to save the file to a specific direction, in this case the network folder, other than the one selected by HEIDENHAIN. You may try using a batch program to "look" if there is a file named like the one you want to print out and if it's there, then command the printer to print the specific file.

I'm not sure on this one, just making educated guesses and train my english skills.

Good luck and tell us the solution of the problem.

greetings
    Chris