586,075 active members*
4,044 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everybody

Controller TNC 407
    Machine Mikron WF52 D

Can you somehow define the tool change to a particular position with M91?
    For example TOOL CALL 35 Z S500 M91?
    The machine doesn’t have an automatic tool change.
    I have to manufacture a large-volume production with 5 tool changed per part.
    At the moment the machine is running on a point that is fixed in the parameters- and it costs me a lot of unnecessary time.

Unfortunately, we don’t have time to experiment at all.

Regards
    Davito

How do you call the tool change?

When I want to change my tool (manually), then I write L Z+300 FMAX M6.

Then the machine goes to Z+300 and waits until I have changed my tool and press ‘start’.
    Frohe Grüsse Stefan<br /><br /><div align='center'><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ein Tag ohne lächeln ist ein verlorener Tag<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></div>

Hello
    For machine with tool change- its fixed in the MP.
    1st try
    Set display to REF.
    Then search the position where you want to change your tools ( preferably a round number)
    Then M91 X Y Z Fmax.
    So, an idea.

Regards

Hello everybody

Controller TNC 407
    Machine Mikron WF52 D

Can you somehow define the tool change to a particular position with M91?
    For example TOOL CALL 35 Z S500 M91?
    The machine doesn’t have an automatic tool change.
    I have to manufacture a large-volume production with 5 tool changed per part.
    At the moment the machine is running on a point that is fixed in the parameters- and it costs me a lot of unnecessary time.

Unfortunately, we don’t have time to experiment at all.

Regards
    Davito

If the machine goes to a particular point (which is set in the parameter) when you do a TOOL CALL, then it will also go there even if you move it to a different position before the change.
    I am not sure but I think you wrote means that the machine first goes to the tool changing point (from the parameter) and wait for the tool change. Then to the position that you have defined with M92 (not M91!)
    M91 means proceed in machine system
    M92 is a point that you can fix in MP
    So change the position in the parameter that is currently approached.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don&#39;t<br />Wir haben einen exponentiellen Zuwachs an <strike>Doofen</strike> Pack im Forum