586,119 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello
    I hope somebody is able to help me out.
    I wanted to mill a small L –shaped piece on a TNC 530i but I reached my limits.
    I quickly tell you the program structure:

Toolcall 16 (cutter D16)
    M3
    L X-15 Y-15 FMax
    L Z2 FMAX
    LZ-4
    M120 LA14
    APPR X0 LEN0,1 RL M8
    L Y20
    CHF 1,5
    L X40
    CHF1,5
    L X10
    RND5
    L Y10
    RND5
    L Y0
    CHF 1,5
    L X-10
    DEP 0,1
    L Z2 FMAX R0

Is seems quite easy, it should be easy but an error message is displayed: Tool radius too big.
    That would be logical with the R5 but M120 should avoid that, shouldn’t it!
    For greater understanding I use cutter 16 to secure the material on the outside, that way I only have to write the contour once... and then I can finish the rest with a small cutter.

Many thanks in advance
    Michael

Hello
    Could it be that you have an error in you path programming or maybe I am wrong?
    Because of the rounding of a line
    L X10
    RND5
    L Y10
    RND5
    L Y0

Yes, you are right....2 linear lines on a line and in between a radius
    <!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->MFG Coopi<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><br />

M120 have to stand in a NC block, which also conain the radius correction RL or RR.

Hello
    why are you working with M120? With cycle 25 I never had any concerns with a contour... That always works.. (of course if you have no programming errors)
    <b><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Gruß General<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Fräser sind Halbgötter in Blau.<br />Denn sie lassen durch Zerstörung Neues entstehen&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><u>Werbung in eigener Sache:</u><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><i><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Enter the Matrix an feel the Moment &quot;<u>www.pixxelmatrix.de</u>&quot;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>